Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US

Forgot to mention something you might not know about Donald Trump, for those who might find it interesting.

He strongly believes in retribution, eye for an eye and all that.

Trump draining the swamp…

If the swamp if a jail for fraudster and corrupt officials

It was a busy news day yesterday in the US and you can play that game with any list of Presidential clemencies, but I don’t believe the timing of the clemencies, would have occurred now unless it is of tactical utility for the Trump admin - keep in mind my eye for an eye comment.

In relation to Blagojevich, his wife made some interesting comments back in 2018 and Blagojevich is/was a Democrat. Word is, he was not playing ball.

June 2018

“I see that, I see that the same people that did this to my family, the same people that you know, secretly taped us and twisted the facts and perverted the law that ended up my husband in jail. These same people are trying to do the same thing that they did to my husband, just on a much larger scale. They were emboldened. They took down a governor and now they’ve got their sights much higher.”

May 2018

Ok to follow up on one point I made, according to Rod he is now a Trump-oCrat

…“He’s got obviously a big fan in me,” said Blagojevich, who has gone totally gray since entering prison. “And if you’re asking me what my party affiliation is, I’m a Trump-ocrat.”

"He didn’t have to do this. He’s a Republican president; I was a Democratic governor," Blagojevich said. "My fellow Democrats have not been very kind to him. … In fact, they’ve been very unkind to him."

Timing.

Vote buying has never happened in Ireland, ever! :whistle:

Working hard, playing it smart.

A big huge warm reception for the Donald.

WUTF is right, no? :whistle:

Harvard University Professor and Two Chinese Nationals Charged in Three Separate China Related Cases

The Department of Justice announced today that the Chair of Harvard University’s Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department and two Chinese nationals have been charged in connection with aiding the People’s Republic of China.

Dr. Charles Lieber, 60, Chair of the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Harvard University, was arrested this morning and charged by criminal complaint with one count of making a materially false, fictitious and fraudulent statement. Lieber will appear this afternoon before Magistrate Judge Marianne B. Bowler in federal court in Boston, Massachusetts.

Yanqing Ye, 29, a Chinese national, was charged in an indictment today with one count each of visa fraud, making false statements, acting as an agent of a foreign government and conspiracy. Ye is currently in China.

Zaosong Zheng, 30, a Chinese national, was arrested on Dec. 10, 2019, at Boston’s Logan International Airport and charged by criminal complaint with attempting to smuggle 21 vials of biological research to China. On Jan. 21, 2020, Zheng was indicted on one count of smuggling goods from the United States and one count of making false, fictitious or fraudulent statements. He has been detained since Dec. 30, 2019.

Dr. Charles Lieber

According to court documents, since 2008, Dr. Lieber who has served as the Principal Investigator of the Lieber Research Group at Harvard University, which specialized in the area of nanoscience, has received more than $15,000,000 in grant funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Department of Defense (DOD). These grants require the disclosure of significant foreign financial conflicts of interest, including financial support from foreign governments or foreign entities. Unbeknownst to Harvard University beginning in 2011, Lieber became a “Strategic Scientist” at Wuhan University of Technology (WUT) in China and was a contractual participant in China’s Thousand Talents Plan from in or about 2012 to 2017. China’s Thousand Talents Plan is one of the most prominent Chinese Talent recruit plans that are designed to attract, recruit, and cultivate high-level scientific talent in furtherance of China’s scientific development, economic prosperity and national security. These talent programs seek to lure Chinese overseas talent and foreign experts to bring their knowledge and experience to China and reward individuals for stealing proprietary information. Under the terms of Lieber’s three-year Thousand Talents contract, WUT paid Lieber $50,000 USD per month, living expenses of up to 1,000,000 Chinese Yuan (approximately $158,000 USD at the time) and awarded him more than $1.5 million to establish a research lab at WUT. In return, Lieber was obligated to work for WUT “not less than nine months a year” by “declaring international cooperation projects, cultivating young teachers and Ph.D. students, organizing international conference[s], applying for patents and publishing articles in the name of” WUT.

The complaint alleges that in 2018 and 2019, Lieber lied about his involvement in the Thousand Talents Plan and affiliation with WUT. On or about, April 24, 2018, during an interview with investigators, Lieber stated that he was never asked to participate in the Thousand Talents Program, but he “wasn’t sure” how China categorized him. In November 2018, NIH inquired of Harvard whether Lieber had failed to disclose his then-suspected relationship with WUT and China’s Thousand Talents Plan. Lieber caused Harvard to falsely tell NIH that Lieber “had no formal association with WUT” after 2012, that “WUT continued to falsely exaggerate” his involvement with WUT in subsequent years, and that Lieber “is not and has never been a participant in” China’s Thousand Talents Plan.

Yanqing Ye

According to the indictment, Ye is a Lieutenant of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), the armed forces of the People’s Republic of China and member of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). On her J-1 visa application, Ye falsely identified herself as a “student” and lied about her ongoing military service at the National University of Defense Technology (NUDT), a top military academy directed by the CCP. It is further alleged that while studying at Boston University’s (BU) Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering from October 2017 to April 2019, Ye continued to work as a PLA Lieutenant completing numerous assignments from PLA officers such as conducting research, assessing U.S. military websites and sending U.S. documents and information to China.

According to court documents, on April 20, 2019, federal officers interviewed Ye at Boston’s Logan International Airport. During the interview, it is alleged that Ye falsely claimed that she had minimal contact with two NUDT professors who were high-ranking PLA officers. However, a search of Ye’s electronic devices demonstrated that at the direction of one NUDT professor, who was a PLA Colonel, Ye had accessed U.S. military websites, researched U.S. military projects and compiled information for the PLA on two U.S. scientists with expertise in robotics and computer science. Furthermore, a review of a WeChat conversation revealed that Ye and the other PLA official from NUDT were collaborating on a research paper about a risk assessment model designed to decipher data for military applications. During the interview, Ye admitted that she held the rank of Lieutenant in the PLA and admitted she was a member of the CCP.

Zaosong Zheng

In August 2018, Zheng entered the United States on a J-1 visa and conducted cancer-cell research at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston from Sept. 4, 2018, to Dec. 9, 2019. It is alleged that on Dec. 9, 2019, Zheng stole 21 vials of biological research and attempted to smuggle them out of the United States aboard a flight destined for China. Federal officers at Logan Airport discovered the vials hidden in a sock inside one of Zheng’s bags, and not properly packaged. It is alleged that initially, Zheng lied to officers about the contents of his luggage, but later admitted he had stolen the vials from a lab at Beth Israel. Zheng stated that he intended to bring the vials to China to use them to conduct research in his own laboratory and publish the results under his own name.

The charge of making false, fictitious and fraudulent statements provides for a sentence of up to five years in prison, three years of supervised release and a fine of $250,000. The charge of visa fraud provides for a sentence of up to 10 years in prison, three years of supervised release and a fine of $250,000. The charge of acting as an agent of a foreign government provides for a sentence of up to 10 years in prison, three years of supervised release and a fine of $250,000. The charge of conspiracy provides for a sentence of up to five years in prison, three years of supervised release and a fine of $250,000. The charge of smuggling goods from the United States provides for a sentence of up to 10 years in prison, three years of supervised release and a fine of $250,000. Sentences are imposed by a federal district court judge based upon the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

Assistant Attorney General for National Security John C. Demers, United States Attorney Andrew E. Lelling; Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Boston Field Division Joseph R. Bonavolonta; Michael Denning, Director of Field Operations, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Boston Field Office; Leigh-Alistair Barzey, Special Agent in Charge of the Defense Criminal Investigative Service, Northeast Field Office; Philip Coyne, Special Agent in Charge of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General; and William Higgins, Special Agent in Charge of the U.S. Department of Commerce, Office of Export Enforcement, Boston Field Office made the announcement. Assistant U.S. Attorneys B. Stephanie Siegmann, Jason Casey and Benjamin Tolkoff of Lelling’s National Security Unit are prosecuting these cases with the assistance of trial attorneys William Mackie and David Aaron at the National Security Division’s Counterintelligence and Export Control Section.

The details contained in the charging documents are allegations. The defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

These case are part of the Department of Justice’s China Initiative, which reflects the strategic priority of countering Chinese national security threats and reinforces the President’s overall national security strategy. In addition to identifying and prosecuting those engaged in trade secret theft, hacking and economic espionage, the initiative will increase efforts to protect our critical infrastructure against external threats including foreign direct investment, supply chain threats and the foreign agents seeking to influence the American public and policymakers without proper registration.

U.S. GOVERNMENT COUNTERINSURGENCY GUIDE January 2009

Forget the Impeachment Drama, Trump Has Flipped Another Circuit Court of Appeals

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 1:05 PM

Right now, we’re in a 30-minute recess. U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland is testifying in yet another impeachment hearing. And guess what—we still have yet to find any direct evidence of quid pro quo concerning Ukrainian military aid. It’s a total circus in the House. In the Senate, they’re keeping the foot on the gas regarding confirming the president’s judicial nominations. They recently confirmed another judge and flipped the 11thCircuit Court of Appeals in the process. That’s the third appeals court that this administration has flipped towards sanity (via Washington Examiner):

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/11/20/while-the-hill-is-engulfed-in-impeachment-hysteria-trump-just-flipped-another-circuit-court-n2556783

More recently

Trump has flipped the 9th Circuit — and some new judges are causing a ‘shock wave’

“Trump has effectively flipped the circuit,” said 9th Circuit Judge Milan D. Smith Jr., an appointee of President George W. Bush.

(Christina House / Los Angeles Times)

By MAURA DOLANSTAFF WRITER

FEB. 22, 2020. 7:06 AM

When President Trump ticks off his accomplishments since taking office, he frequently mentions his aggressive makeover of a key sector of the federal judiciary — the circuit courts of appeal, where he has appointed 51 judges to lifetime jobs in three years.

In few places has the effect been felt more powerfully than in the sprawling 9th Circuit, which covers California and eight other states. Because of Trump’s success in filling vacancies, the San Francisco-based circuit, long dominated by Democratic appointees, has suddenly shifted to the right, with an even more pronounced tilt expected in the years ahead.

Trump has now named 10 judges to the 9th Circuit — more than one-third of its active judges — compared with seven appointed by President Obama over eight years.

“Trump has effectively flipped the circuit,” said 9th Circuit Judge Milan D. Smith Jr., an appointee of President George W. Bush.

Read more here: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-02-22/trump-conservative-judges-9th-circuit

Democratic appointees still hold a majority but it’s being touted as a flip, either way, lots going on and I think at last count it might be just over 190 judiciary appointments under Trump admin thus far.

Playing the numbers game and I think Trump tweeted a similar response to this but I don’t have the link - looking at Wiki for total pardons, commutes etc. etc00 per presidency, In recent times

Jimmy Carter 556
Ronald Reagan 406
George H W Bush 77
Bil Clinton 459
George W Bush 200
Barack Obama 1,915
Donald Trump 35

Clearly Trump is not winning, yet, but has time to catch up during his second term.

Roosevelt with his 4 terms clocked up the highest, 3,687 but that’s cheating :wink: …but divided in two Roosevelt would come in under Obama’s total.

Woodrow Wilson afaics is the overall winner at 2,480.

Its either a swamp or its not.
Obama clearly never promised to the drain the swamp :wink:
Presidents AFAIK usually issue the vast majority of their pardons in there final week in office if i remember correctly.

Trump seems to be transactional in his approach, ill pardon you if you sing to my tune. He has another 5 years to got all his friends and fraudster out …

Must be true. :suicide:

I know. :frowning:

The CDC has had very serious organization and operational issues for a long time now, a few decades by this stage, but you will hear nothing informed accurate or non-partisan from someone like the author of the FP piece.

A quick look at her background shows a very long history with KPFA in Berkeley, who are the greatest bunch of left-wing loonies, cranks and wingbats you will ever come across. Back when she was there it was all Weather Underground and SDS types. Now its full of Antifa people and bizarre New Age con artists. . I notice she also is the author of a rather silly book back in 1990’s on epidemics which turned out to be little more than an extended The Nation style screed. Give huge amounts of money to UN agencies and international agencies and all problems will be solved. Basically lost interest after 50 pages and found several other much better books on the subject.

So consider it a DNC op-ed piece. There is a very damning story to be told on CDC but as the current generation of perps go all the way back to the Clinton years you wont read about it in places like FP. I’d start with the CDC’s complete lack of interest in the regional TB epidemic that started back in the early 1990’s. The CDC has lots of problems. Having funding chopped recently did not cause any of them.

I don’t disagree, like I said, timing, that swamp/numbers game is a mis-direction while also ironically enough, being an acknowledgement of a swamp, that needs draining.

Anyhow, linked below for the video clip embedded on the page

This is amazing. What was the point in electing Trump or any other president then? Is the current guy isn’t accountable for fixing issues, then what’s the point.

I see the globalist media asset matrix is fully mobilised with authority to deploy the Coronavirus schtick and commence beating the Trump admin. Timing. Events. Events. Timing.

:grinning:

On a more serious note though, pretty much every national leader whose country has been affected by this has got it in the neck from their own people, media and external observers. But when it comes to Trump, its suddenly a media conspiracy.

And its rinse and repeat for all other things too. In fact, political leaders (and their supporters) of all persuasions resort to this tactic. I guess we pick on Trump because he is the most egregious example in recent times.

Anyways, my point is that terms like “globalist media” etc, have now become tired, cliched and devalued. Even “MSM” is pretty much meaningless in the context of the spread of internet news sources and comment, RT, Fox News, etc. Nothing is quite the trigger it used to be. Call it cynicism.