Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US

Trump tonight: “I never called John a loser”

Video: Trump calling John McCain a loser

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1301715675115933703?s=20

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Also, I never called John a loser and swear on whatever, or whoever, I was asked to swear on, that I never called our great fallen soldiers anything other than HEROES. This is more made up Fake News given by disgusting & jealous failures in a disgraceful attempt to influence the 2020 Election!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhCjFcrU8AAjwQD?format=jpg&name=900x900

The allegation is that he called the 14-18 war dead losers, not Senator McCain. You havent returned the serve.

He denied calling McCain a loser. But he did. He therefore lied about insulting veterans and other denials should be seen in that light

How feeble minded do you have to be to accept anything he says at face value

He insulted a political adversary who voted down his biggest 1st term policy initiative. The context is completely different. Its subtle, I know.

John McCain was foremost a politician but also a veteran. We know about John McCain because he was a senator and presidential candidate, not because he was a veteran.

The allegations relate to veterans and war dead, who are not contemorary politicians. We know about these alleged remarks because they pertain only to veterans and war dead.

And yet Fox News have confirmed the story.

Are they in the tank for Boden?

He insulted John McCain long before he became President! It’s a subtle distinction I know…

He didn’t just insult McCain. He insulted every PoW… “I prefer people who weren’t captured”

Some of them are. They are gene-pool RHINOs (the Bush dynasty), never-trumpers (Wallace, Megan Kelly), hacks and bread-winners who have to think about their career prospects after a possible Biden-Harris victory and the chilling Gleichshaltung that would bring about.

In that selectively edited clip Trump is referring to McCain’s loss to Obama, which is a fact, and quips that he prefers people who are not captured.

To the literal-minded this is taken out of context and Trump derangement ensues. Subtle, I know.

Peter Thiel had it right when he said the media takes Trump literally but not seriously:

“I think one thing that should be distinguished here is that the media is always taking Trump literally. It never takes him seriously, but it always takes him literally. … I think a lot of voters who vote for Trump take Trump seriously but not literally, so when they hear things like the Muslim comment or the wall comment, their question is not, ‘Are you going to build a wall like the Great Wall of China?’ or, you know, ‘How exactly are you going to enforce these tests?’ What they hear is we’re going to have a saner, more sensible immigration policy.”

Long before McCain voted down his first term policy "initiative!

Interesting how this story magics out of thin air the day after Trumps polling numbers are up.

Even more interesting how the credibility of media sources increase/decrease depending on whether they are prepared to trot out the type of diarhettic content that favours our team.

This is why mainstream media is dying a death.

Surely only the very very gullible believe anything they read across any of these entities anymore.

Its just as well the president doesn’t have a history of lying constantly and insulting every he meets.

I see trump is asking for the fox news reporter to be fired for confirming part of the story.

Maybe you should read what some of the people who served in his unit in Vietnam thought of McCain. Very easy to find online. McCain was a Admirals son who threw his weight around and was intensely disliked by most people he served with. The story is he only got his wings because of his Dad. Anyone else would have been flunked from flying school. Then he was often reckless in theater and endangered his comrades more than once and not a lot of tears were shed by the rest of the unit when he got himself shot down. I did not get the impression that those who served with him were terribly enamored with him and I got the very strong impression that if it had been the Army or USMC rather than USN he would have got himself fragged sooner or later. Not even Kerry was that disliked. And he was hated by his unit.

I wont go into the rest of the story but to most Americans outside Arizona McCain first came to national attention as one of the Keating Five back in the 1980’s. One of the five US Senators up to his eyeballs in the huge Saving & Loan Scandals. The S&L scandal ended the career of three of the senators, including Alan Cranston, probably one the most powerful Senators since LBJ. The fourth, John Glenn due to being liked so well limped through one more term before retiring. Only one senator brazened it out, went the full Bill Clinton, and that was McCain. After that McCain was always very much damaged good politically and the only reason he got the nomination in 2008 was the exact same reason Biden is this years Dem Party candidate. No good candidate would step forward so it was scraping the bottom of the barrel time to find a nominee.

Obama may have been the worst president since Warren Harding but McCain was an absolutely terrible candidate. He was no James Cox, and Cox was no great shakes to start with.

So you will find very few who are actually familiar with the McCain story will be too put out if Trump trashed him. Plenty others who had know McCain all though his careers had done so too.

Trump may have stole the joke from Chris Rock

The people who laughed along with CR in 2008 hate Trump today

Yes thats true

But of course the people who hate Trump like to lie too, it gets complicated very quickly

What’s that got to do with anything? Do you think that’s what Trump was basing his outburst on?

Fact is McCain was offered early release because he was an Admiral’s son, but declined it.

Only a person with extreme psychology issues would say “I respect people who weren’t captured”

Truly a freak.

Some views from the journalist Glen Greenwald, who is famous for breaking the evidence-backed Snowden story - in contrast to ‘unidentified sources say’.

Other media outlets — including Associated Press and Fox News — now claim that they did exactly that: “confirmed” the Atlantic story. But if one looks at what they actually did, at what this “confirmation” consists of, it is the opposite of what that word would mean, or should mean, in any minimally responsible sense. AP, for instance, merely claims that “a senior Defense Department official with firsthand knowledge of events and a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was told about Trump’s comments confirmed some of the remarks to The Associated Press,” while Fox merely said “a former senior Trump administration official who was in France traveling with the president in November 2018 did confirm other details surrounding that trip.”

Jeffrey Goldberg, who has risen to one of the most important perches in journalism despite (or, more accurately because of) one of the most disgraceful and damaging records of spreading disinformation in service of the Pentagon and intelligence community’s agenda).

news outlets claim that they “confirmed” a previous report when they did nothing more than just talked to the same people who anonymously whispered the same things to them as were whispered to the original outlet.

It is an instrument of propaganda, not reporting. And its use has repeatedly deceived rather than informed the public. Anyone who doubts that should review how it is that MSNBC and CBS both claimed to have “confirmed” a CNN report which turned out to be ludicrously and laughably false. Clearly, the term “confirmation” has lost its meaning in journalism.

In 2003 the same Jeffrey Goldberg ‘discovered’ that Saddam was in league with Al-Qaeda:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1301861069443530754

Of course, this conspiracy theory was ‘confirmed’ by Dick Cheney, and sources in the famous dodgy dossier.

And Iraq all worked out wonderfully.

Jeffrey Goldberg, asset.

Pathetic.

As noted above this is why journalism is in the gutter and why Trump gets to run and run with the ‘fake news’ meme.

They literally do his job for him

I can abide by the Dan Bongino 72 hour rule when it comes to these headlines and stories.

Dealing within simple terms, like the msm do.

In short, Trump will win.

They know this.

Thus The Menace is going to fight back diabolically hard on any and all fronts it can muster.

Americans are more prepared and informed than they’ve ever been IMHO, and that too is also spreading worldwide.

Trump started no new WAR.

The Attack of the Virus has failed.

So the WAR was brought to him.

This phase is to open two sustained and expanded fronts:

1. Increased civil chaos & maximise disorder beyond current levels (already rising) of chaos.

2. Attempt to create and leverage division within the US military, or the narrative thereof.

Are we all prepared?

The Atlantic hit piece was probably designed to distract among other things.

Firstly, the highly anticipated Mifsud 302 has appeared:

Techno Fog

Sep 2nd 2020, 5 tweets, 4 min read

Whoa - the Joseph Mifsud 302 is out.

Mifsud said he had no advance knowledge Russia had DNC emails and did not make any offer to Papadopoulos

And there is a post-interview email from Mifsud to FBI yet to be released :thinking:

A very short interview for a purported “Russian agent”

Mueller’s Report played-up Mifsud’s “connections to Russia.”

At the interview, the FBI didn’t bother to ask many questions about those “connections.”

No follow-up questions about emails.

Now we can see why there were zero references to the Mifsud 302 in Mueller’s Report.

Mueller allegation:

@GeorgePapa19 “lies” about if he was w/ Trump campaign during Mifsud meeting impeded their ability to question Mifsud.

The problem: Mifsud himself told the FBI that George was w/ Trump campaign when they met.

One last thing - the Special Counsel’s dishonesty to the court.

Representation: @GeorgePapa19 prevented FBI from getting to the bottom of the Mifsud story.

Reality: the FBI asked few questions of Mifsud, was getting emails from Mifsud, and chose to not follow-up with Mifsud.

Per @FOOL_NELSON here is the Mifsud email to FBI.

Read more here : https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1300998748722601984.html

Also according to Techno Fog twitter account, FOIA docs counter the Atlantic hit piece:

Techno Fog

Sep 4th 2020, 2 tweets, 2 min read

On that Atlantic Story -

@JeffreyGoldberg and his “four sources” claim Trump’s helicopter flight to the US/French cemetery wasn’t cancelled due to weather.

FOIA docs prove this to be false.

Their “sources” are failing basic fact checks - making them essentially worthless.

2019 tweet

Here is the @JasonLeopold tweet from 2019 about these Navy FOIA records he obtained.

Today @JeffreyGoldberg described how the Atlantic was extra careful on this story. Also seems inaccurate.

Documents got by Leopold prove them wrong. Great job Jason!

See src/docs here: https://twitter.com/JasonLeopold/status/1133391265222025218