Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US

I doubt it, and Trump may well end up being the last pro Israel US president

He announced that months ago

Hardly a surprise if he does,but its not a decision that will go down well in the middle east.
Nice too see donald helping out crooked bibi

Or Catholic Church-esque; remember mental reservation?

What’s happened to the people have spoken? Does that only apply to “popular” presidents"

So many naysayers and doomsdayers to predict his downfall and on what evidence?

They didn’t get the election right so whats the next step?

How can so many people predict his downfall when they so failed to predict his victory.

“Move on nothing to see here”.

I initially thought this was fake news but apparently not. As to whether it will be passed or not who knows

H.R. 193: American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2017

(a)

Repeal

The United Nations Participation Act of 1945 (Public Law 79–264; 22 U.S.C. 287 et seq.) is repealed.
(b)

Termination of membership in United Nations

The President shall terminate all membership by the United States in the United Nations, and in any organ, specialized agency, commission, or other formally affiliated body of the United Nations.
©

Closure of United States Mission to United Nations

The United States Mission to the United Nations is closed. Any remaining functions of such office shall not be carried out.

govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr193/text

Don’t know the background to this but any member of congress can introduce a bill. Doesn’t mean it will get even a whiff of being debated let alone passed. That particular bill was previously introduced in 2015 and went nowhere.

Some good examples by Buzzfeed: buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/2 … .gnlzg8lgB

On the one hand getting drawn into a petty squabble about attendance numbers at his inauguration is pretty astonishing.

OTOH it’s typical big dog corporate behaviour from him. The MSM are looking for every way to belittle him (by the way they frame stories and ‘facts’ ) and he responds with putting down a marker day one - Don’t associate me with failure. I won’t have that.

I think its a sideshow, who knows what is going on in the background. Sometimes its just best to let these things go, poor Ivanka she has a busy 8 years ahead of her.

Or 16 maybe

Just because a candidate is elected doesn’t make them untouchable. It in fact makes them even more eligible for criticism because they’ve been given the big job so if they don’t deliver they’ve got to answer for it.

For anyone fond of Donald Trump to complain about getting a hard time is the height of hypocrisy after his own frankly ridiculous birther campaigning and also his own public questioning of the electoral college system in the wake of the 2012 vote.

Also: usatoday.com/story/news/poli … /93575326/

And of course, the really funny bit is that old DownTurn himself was wrong anyway, since Obama beat Romney both in the popular and the electoral college competitions: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St … tion,_2012 ; and of course we see the same difficulty with tracking numbers in his current difficulties around turn-out at the inauguration.

Actually, I hear more people concerned for America’s future than for DT’s. That said, he’s had a pretty bad record thus far (correcting for his start in life), so it wouldn’t be at all out of character/type/form for him to implode. The current spat about inauguration does not bode well. On the +ve for DT, he’s reinforcing his established MO of lying and denying facts. However, on the -ve side, he’s allowing the news agenda to become focussed on negatives around his regime and around his relationship with reality. One also wonders to what extent he even knows what the attendance was, or whether his circle are puffing him up.
If it’s all a distraction to keep people and the press from noticing something else that’s going on, then perhaps it all makes sense.

Dictionaries banned in 3, 2, 1… twitter.com/MerriamWebster/stat … 5171061760

I don’t live in the USA, but I visit regularly, and am in daily contact with people who live there.

The Republican party has received more press hostility since it jumped off the deep end of crazy sometime around when Reagan took the presidency. It always had a crazy wing, even back in Eisenhower’s time, but it went for broke after Reagan. Nixon’s ‘silent majority’ became the ‘moral majority’ as the Republicans joined forces with conservative Christian groups. Media tends to be filled with liberal types, so hostility from the liberal media was pretty much inevitable.

The Conservatives have their media outlets too of course, but these aren’t as highly regarded. Thing is, when you have Trumps press secretary picking fights with media over insignificant stories like the size of the crowd that attended Trumps inauguration parade, how can the Republicans and the Trump White House expect anything other than a hostile reception from the Mainstream Media?

publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/ … 120916.pdf

I see the Irish Times has gone into meltdown again…their Opinion section crammed full of anything anti-Trump they could find around the world or write themselves.
It’s going to be a long 4 years on all sides

does anyone still read the Irish Times?

for free, at lunch time only!

its been full meltdown mode there since Nov 9th

On their website home page, they splashed a large anti-Trump opinion piece that I ddnt bother clicking on. Uaners click-bait title “was How do we stop trump?” I declined to click because she wouldnt know how. the only grá is the law activist who get elected in GE16 was Zappone (who recently hired Uaners for propaganda purposes) and Zappone couldnt GAF about the economic situation of anyone under 50.

The irony of publishing the Pell piece, which gave a pseudo-semblance of balance to a different viewpoint, backfired when all the bluehairs who think that IT is their paper, went into another regressive meltdown. when getting subscriptions are down and advertising is down, the bluehairs contact the advetisers to demand that they cancel their advertising with the IT.

Does he not realize a tax on goods from abroad will increase prices for american consumers?

And he calls himself a business man…pfff.

Edit: forgot link. bloomberg.com/politics/arti … obs-abroad

Cant say i believe much of what he says
He will have a different policy tomorrow

It’s going to get to the point that the only way to have something anti Trump published is to come out with some thing more outrageous and attention seeking than the previous one, Poe’s law is going to be well and truly tested.