Done and dusted- Austins forecasting career.

Austin Hughes was on radio a few nights ago and suggested that rates will peak at around 4.25% this year and may come back down after a year or two. Now the way he said it suggested that it was most likley rates would be lower in a year or two. Now looking at what the markets are predicting interest rates (on average) are not forecast to be less than 4.25% over next 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10 years!! And markets are predicting the average over next 20-30 years is almost 4.5%! How a bank economist can say what Austin said with such data in front of them (edit - liabelous comment removed)

bloomberg.com/markets/rates/germany.html

edit - made by OW 17.06.07

Please refrain from making potentially libelous statements, you can use the modularity of the english langague to make your point very very clear without getting the PIN in to deep doh doh.

Or both.

Bear, if I was you I’d remove that last line of your post to avoid yourself or the Pin getting into trouble.

Thanks for that, didn’t spot it our super special “libel hound” MOD is off at the moment.

Apologies, should have tempered that remark but hit the post buton without considering the implications of my statement.

don’t use names,

we can all figure things out

comical ali

desperate dan…

etc…
easier…

Couldn’t agree more - play safe. BTW what ever happened to laughing lawyer and the EA? Anybody?