Dublin House Prices in 30 Years Time

I put some numbers into a mortgage repayment calculator. As you can see, a couple that may be approved for a maximum €300,000 mortgage today would only be approved for a mortgage of €200,000 in 5 years times if mortgage interest rates did increase by 3% in the next 5 years.

Monthly repayments on a typical 30-year mortgage of €300,000 at 3% = €1,264.81

Monthly repayments on a typical 30-year mortgage of €200,000 at 6% = €1,199.10

Given that ECB rates are already below zero and there isn’t much room to lower them further and if interest rates are one of the main drivers of house price increases, would this mean that there is little possibility of significant house price increases related to interest rate reductions over the next 30 years?

I’m not an economist, so please feel free to correct or elaborate if I’m wrong.

would this mean that there is little possibility of significant house price increases related to interest rate reductions over the next 30 years?

Doesn’t matter

https://youtu.be/FTQbiNvZqaY

1 Like

This topic was already discussed in another thread?
You believe residential house prices in Ireland are going down 70+% in the next 10 years irrespective of the future path of interest rates, so why speculate about the impact of interest rates on house prices?
It was shown in the other thread that there isn’t always a strong correlation between interest rates and house prices.
Rising interest rates would usually imply rising inflation, which would mean rising salaries - so affordability (i.e. mortgage repayments) isn’t necessarily impacted by rising interest rates.
All EU countries are governed by interest rates set by the ECB, but clearly there can be localized dynamics at play that cause house prices in certain countries to rise/fall, irrespective of the path of EU interest rates.

1 Like

Would it be possible to create your own propQueries thread ? Creating multiple threads each day with one link on more or less the same topic makes it increasingly difficult to navigate around the site.

3 Likes

+1 it is borderline spam at this stage. this should also extend to their various undisclosed alias accounts… post all the queries and musings in the one thread please.

2 Likes

but at least they’re property related…

Thanks. They are all related to property which is the purpose of this website.

You would also have noticed how the above 4 “users” are reactivating a post I made 19 days ago :joy:

https://youtu.be/izQB2-Kmiic

You really believe that statement and that people shouldn’t speculate on the impact of interest rates on property prices?

you actually went back today and edited a number of posts from 19+ days ago which due to this forum’s algorithms pushed the threads to the top and made them appear on the home page as if they were posted just a few hours ago… why are you trying to push posts that nobody responded to all that time ago??? what was so important that it required editing to push to the front of the forum??

putting all these ad hoc musings of yours in one thread makes sense so that they dont clog up the whole forum. but i guess you are trying to clog it up with posts that suit your agenda so you dont want to put them all in one place.

Edit
if anyone needs convincing of what PropQueries is doing just have a look at the home page and look at how ‘recent’ these posts appear to have been posted but thengo into them

Latest report by EY-DKM Economic Advisory Services for the Irish Home Builders Association
shows as if it was posted 5hrs ago but if you go into it it’s 21 days old and PropQueries just went back to edit it today to push it to the front

23 Glenbourne Grove, Dublin 18
shows as if it was posted 5hrs ago but if you go into it it’s 20 days old and PropQueries just went back to edit it today to push it to the front

what is your intention with this type of activity…?

1 Like

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Edits don’t move posts up. Plus, I didn’t actually edit those posts today.

Maybe one of the moderators can explain what’s going on?

Ok, back to actual property posts…

But you think house prices are going down over 70% irrespective of the future path of interest rates, you’ve made that clear.
FYI - there have already been further reductions in mortgage rates from lenders in Ireland since your last post - the possibility of this happening was raised to you at the time, but you chose to ignore it as it doesn’t suit your agenda.

1 Like

They are all property related as you say. And I welcome the return of property related chat to drown out the echo chamber of Chem Trails etc. However by flooding the board with multiple threads on the same topic you make it difficult to navigate around.

For example, if everyone posted a new Covid 19 thread every time a relevant news topic came around as opposed to posting it in a Corona Virus thread, the site would quickly become clogged up and other threads would become neglected as they would be buried and difficult to find.

Why not just post everything going forward in this thread if they’re all property related ?

i am unsure at this stage if you are capable of telling the truth because in relation to the aforementioned posts anyone on this forum can veryify that your above statement is demonstrably untrue by just looking at the posts and hovering over the posted or edited dates…

Latest report by EY-DKM Economic Advisory Services for the Irish Home Builders Association
Posted: Aug 26, 5:26 PM
Last Edited: Edited: Sep 16, 6:34 PM

23 Glenbourne Grove, Dublin 18
Posted: Aug 27, 8:10 PM
Last Edited: Sep 16, 6:33 PM

moderators did not take it upon themselves to go back and edit a random post about a house in leopardstown 3 weeks after it was posted you went back and edited to push it to the front of the forum for whatever your motivation and agenda is. please kindly stop trying to clog up this forum in future as many posters have nicely asked you to refrain from doing. please.

Turns out I made functional edits to these posts as a matter of course @Spectator1

Please desist further with this erroneous line of enquiry.