EA Misleading Advertising

I have a friend who went to see this place today.

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -12/390839

Nice 3 bedroom house in terenure on a corner plot with garage and decent sized back garden.

Only problem is when he went to view it the EA said that the house does not include the garage or the side/back garden as the current owners are building another house on the side garden.

Nowhere on the online advertisment does it state that the garage and garden are not intended as part of the sale.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. how do they think they can get away with this sort of crap?
The owners are still living in 2006 by the looks of it, if they think this trick is going to work. :unamused:

I don’t see anywhere it mentions the garage or side garden in the online brochure as part of the sale.

Good point maybe they should have photoshopped the images to blur out the garden.

The front shot of the house is cleverly done to only show the front door and not the garage .

I think it should be explicitly referenced in the advert the price excludes the garage and side garden, so as to stop people wasting their time viewing.

Now as I was young and easy under the apple boughs
About the lilting house and happy as the grass was green,
The night above the dingle starry,
Time let me hail and climb
Golden in the heydays of his eyes,

And then the lousy feckers built another house on the side garden.

This is Terenure?
Terenure has become D.12?

"3 Bed Semi-Detached House For Sale " Will not be semi detached after another house is tacked on the end.

Should read 3 Bed terrace house

Crumlin more like.

Have they changed the ad? I saw this:

PLEASE NOTE THE GARAGE AND THE SITE ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE. THE GARAGE WILL BE KNOCKED AND TWO METRES OF A SIDE ENTRANCE WILL REMAIN. WE ARE ONLY SELLING A SEMI DETACHED PROPERTY WITH SIDE ENTRANCE

Seems pretty clear to me. However I don’t fancy their chances of selling without the garage or GARDEN (‘site’? Yeah right)

It’s Perrystown

That wasn’t there earlier!

looks like they got the hint. that definitely was not on the original post.

If you are keen to pursue a particular house prospect - it’s always worth taking a quick look into the planning permissions for the dwelling site and its neighbours as one way of checking if larger sites are to be split.
No point in getting fussed over ‘normal’ extensions but a lot of larger sites were regarded as fair game for ‘two outa one’ exercises in recent years - while reasonable densification of some sites may be OK a lot of these sub-sites are quite unsuitable for a full family dwelling type and the design is usually hideous.
Planning Online is quick and easy for most Local Authority websites - search by area or map - you will normally be very kindly helped if you decide to physically drop in to the planning office.

Pick any ad at random from daft or myhome and I’ll show you a minimum of five lies within.

What do you expect from an industry that’s not regulated? Its populated by snake oil salesmen FFS. Caveat Emptor. :unamused:

The full story goes.

EA turns up in brand new merc, as the house viewer walks to the front door with the EA, the EA decides to mention briefly that the house does not come with the garage or side garden included, and that if you decide to buy you will be living next door to a building site.

Obviously viewer told EA where to go, turned around and left.

This particular EA does come across as a bit of a cowboy /chancer .

• 1 Caveat Emptor

Sure there all at it… I viewed the following www.daft.ie/1544399 last week. And when I asked the EA when booking the viewing why so cheap for a 6 bed house, I was told that there was some SLIGHT water damage due to a burst pipe last winter! When we viewed the place we found that every ceiling in the ground floor had collapsed resulting in what would be about 40K’s work to repair.

I asked the EA why he told us it was only SLIGHT damage when I asked on the phone to which he replied - Sure I have to get people to view it and make their own minds up. :unamused: