Estate Agents Sold Up Last Year!

Well since I was banned from Ask about money .com I aint been on that site in a while but I did miss this!!!

askaboutmoney.com/showpost.p … ostcount=6

askaboutmoney.com/showpost.p … count=7622

First quote dated:** 27th October 2006**

This one dated 19th of January 2007
Second Quote:

The poster in fairness warns people about the dangerous market as far back as last year. In fairness I met two estate agents who warned me about a crash happening. At the time I was selling my own house I rang several to put the house on the market and one estate agent in paticular wouldnt return my calls - no interest in putting another house on their books. And this was as far back as one year ago.
I have come to conclude that some markets - certainly the markets are/were shadowing the Dublin market. Maybe with a bit of a lag. It probably gone or going out the window at this stage though.

This is for the benefit of people new to the propertypin as I noticed that many posters here have engaged the poster over on askaboutmoney.com so its no great revelation.

First quote dated:** 27th October 2006**

The poster in fairness warns people about the dangerous market as far back as last year. In fairness I met two estate agents who warned me about a crash happening.

Hi , thats me BTW ! I have posted quite regularly on both sites (AAM & PP) -ps. I did sell in the end & am renting.:laughing:

Given how close you are to the market in Ireland would you care to share your thoughts on what is hapening at the moment and what is in store for the Irish property market over the next year or so? I would be interested to hear what and insider has to say.

murrayo, ya cute hooor ya! You must be rolling in it now! :laughing:

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:09 pm Post subject:

House buying status: Sold PPR to rent (cashed in & took the risk/cash!)- I own several properties abroad bought 5-8yrs ago.

AAM status: Still look everyday but it’s not as good as it used to be! - over moderated.

View on an Irish property crash: Overpriced & bad value - many inexperienced buyers getting in WAY over their head. Banks still lending too much to people who are getting themselves in a deep hole. Stubborn investors wont exit the market until its too late - too greedy!

Timeline for crash: Started already . I reckon 30% down by dec 2007.

Where would I buy property: Still value in Estonia/Germany/Spain - but long term - people should not expect a repetition of the Celtic Tiger - its a one off- many arrogant fools got rich in the last 5-10yrs in Ireland because property was ‘foolproof’- the same fools will loose it all.

Interests: skiing, music , work (im an EA - 15 yrs exp.)

I posted this on the introductions thread - I think it would be beneficial for everyone else to do this also ! :smiley:

Good to hear ya got out alive!!!
I sold in spring and I couldnt rest until the money came through (took a few months so many things kept popping up before the deal went completely through) I reckon I got out by the skin of my teeth!!!