Eviction turns to violence in Strokestown Co. Roscommon

To be fair there are shysters everywhere. Once worked for an English consultancy with a £40m annual turnover. Was unofficial London office accounts policy to stiff people for 90 days - usually small service providers. Made everyone’s job in the Dublin office more stressful.

They would in turn be typically stiffed on our five figure invoices by Irish clients for 120 days +. In hindsight i reckon they just thought that’s the way business was done here…

irishtimes.com/news/crime-a … 9?mode=amp

Two arrested…
Fairly spry for “elderly” men… Or does that tag only apply to those who owe money?

This eviction, however, failed. :smiley:

The law on pub opening hours and the sale of alcohol is archaic and long overdue for reform.

If the Guards were able to use their manpower for more breathalyser tests (real ones) instead of policing obsolete laws, then we’d all be better off.

He’ll always be Varuka to me XD

Plus I don’t think the outpouring of anger across the board stemming from this eviction has anything to do with Sinn Fein bots. Seems more like average Joe Soaps venting on the back of having watched the video an so realising that they’re being taken for fools…again

sorry the real story? is the real story not a serial loan and tax defaulter who was given multiple notices of eviction being evicted from his property?

and then some hoodlums attacked the security on site,

i cant see any other story.

Do you subscribe to Roy Keanes charity’s of choice ?

do you think people who don’t pay for things should retain possession?

it doesn’t get any simpler than that

I was wondering how long it would take the thread to get to this canard. It’s 2008, the day before the day of the night of Bank guarantee if you want… but the Banks fell first.

Not the people. It’s as simple as that. For many, they will and have drawn the line right there.

ah ok, so lets all default on our mortgages, why not.

sorry, I thought you had a video showing someone “literally getting their head kicked in” or “getting teeth kicked out” by people “identified as loyalists” or something?

all I see is a few fat fuckers rolling around and getting dragged out from a property they don’t own. Literally no punching and no kicking. the only blood is at 1m45s (on the Bubbles looking security guy)

BTW - nice bit of ad hom… I already have a gaff, so presumably should be looking to inflate property prices?

you might want to look up the meaning of canard.

There is video maybe you need to watch it thepropertypin.com/viewtopi … 72#p940672

Not sure why tax defaulting has anything to do with this story (it’s very easy to be a defaulter even if you never intended to be and be fined on to of it) since it’s not the revenue who employed the sheriff but a bank afaik.

That story appears to be nothing but a Government lead flank of spin and shut slinging at one man. Character assassination. Extra-Trial by media.

There is a real possibility that past debts and maybe penalties incurred Revenue lead to this point. Perhaps the Revenue lit the match on this bomb. The State has all the power it needs to destroy anyone. More power than many have ever imagined. It could have been a number of hubris filled years on this person part before they keeled over from the deathly blow.

Do you think that there shouldn’t be consequences for reckless lending?

Do you think that people who owe millions should have their debts assumed by the taxpayer while those who owe less (ie those who are deemed non-systemic) are pursued for theirs?

Do you think teams of ex British soldiers (or possibly paramilitaries) should be engaged to batter elderly Irish people whilst turfing them into the street a few days before Christmas? On behalf of the same ‘systemic’ class who benefited from bailouts or NAMAnisation?

Do you think Gardai have a responsibility to ensure that Irish citizens are not assaulted by thugs in broad daylight regardless of their financial circumstances?

Do you think Ireland is a country or a corporation?

I think you’ll find there are. If you actually can’t pay you declare bankruptcy (now very quick in Ireland) and the lender gets stuffed.

If, however, you have assets on which you have borrowed then you must, you know return the assets.

I think people should pay their debts. ** I also think the taxpayer should not have guaranteed the banks - why, is there something in my recent posting history that makes you think otherwise?**

I’d prefer if the boy scouts were engaged. Or even better if they complied with court orders. Or better still, paid they fucking debts/taxes.

You’re possibly a British paramilitary for all I know. I don’t see you denying it.

they weren’t assaulted. They were asked to leave, refused and were dragged out. If you know a way of removing someone from an area without laying a finger feel free to enlighten us thugs.

this one is easy (I got a A in geography for my Junior Cert) . Ireland is definitely a country.

Firstly there’s quite clearly a serious assault taking place right in front of a in duty Garda who does nothing.

There’s no ad hominem intended. I was merely responding to your suggestion that this is a standard case of gonbeenwry on the part of the family involved.

IMO the roots of the broader issue here lie in the moral hazard established in October 2008.

The old maxim of justice not just being done but also being seen to be done is quite clearly absent from this episode in the eyes of a large section of the population (quite likely a majority as things appear to stand presently).

These people have not received the same treatment as others at the hands of the State…and this erodes the States authority and quite clearly creates a moral vacuum…there’s no other explanation for what has transpired every since the initial eviction

really? at what point? the only blood visible in the video is on the security guard - which he then wipes away

a kick? a punch?

grappling/dragging is unfortunate - but they had no right to be there.

You might want to reappraise your words as you did from early comments, something along the lines of, “you can spot the jackeens in this thread” - stay on topic as opposed to swilling the surreptitiously sanctioned shit stick of spin. Thanks.

on topic??

what has the bank guarantee got to do with this eviction.

The people at the centre of this eviction owe money to non bank entities also. That is a fact

Do you think that there shouldn’t be consequences for reckless lending?

Are you suggesting that there was reckless lending in this case or are you making the argument that banks shouldnt be allowed repossess anything as they engaged in reckless lending in the past?

Do you think that people who owe millions should have their debts assumed by the taxpayer while those who owe less (ie those who are deemed non-systemic) are pursued for theirs?

No, i believe that everyone who has debts that they cant pay should have the assets that secure those debts seized and if they then need to be bankrupted so be it

Do you think teams of ex British soldiers (or possibly paramilitaries) should be engaged to batter elderly Irish people whilst turfing them into the street a few days before Christmas? On behalf of the same ‘systemic’ class who benefited from bailouts or NAMAnisation?

What has christmas got to do with anything, if it was 1 june would that make a difference? they were supposed to have been out in september. What elderly people were battered?

Do you think Gardai have a responsibility to ensure that Irish citizens are not assaulted by thugs in broad daylight regardless of their financial circumstances?

*The gardai have a responsibility to uphold the law of the land, regardless of the nationality of those involved, in what i can see from this it was the irish citizens breaking more laws than the alleged british ones.

Do you think Ireland is a country or a corporation?

I dont understand the point you are trying to make