Exit Poll: Marriage Referendum How did you Vote?

Exit Poll: Marriage Referendum How did you vote?

• YES
  • NO
  • Spoiled Vote

0 voters

**ADMIN NOTE:
This Thread/Poll is now locked in favour of the official pin exit poll.

Please vote here and vote again if you have already voted in this poll so we maintain our accuracy. Both options are available.

Thanks - Open Window

Please note this is an EXIT poll. Only indicate how you voted AFTER you vote.

Debate and coverage continues here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=63708

Thanks

Can I vote if I haven’t voted yet? As I know what I will vote.

I’d be shocked if The Pin reflected the nation

It’s an Exit poll!

So no.

I voted YES.

Yes.
But if you change your mind in the meantime, it results in a rift in the space-time continuum.
And you don’t want to be the cause of that now, do you ?

:smiley:

Someone pointed out that those people who are “Coming Home to Vote”, which have flooded social media, may actually be doing so illegally as they are non resident.

Any thoughts?

I lived abroad for the best part of 10 years.
Only missed 1 vote (divorce).
Great excuse to visit.

Just back from voting at the local school, very busy for this time of day, more so than I expected, hopefully this one has caught the attention of the public and the turnout will be high.

citizensinformation.ie/en/go … _vote.html

"You must be registered at one address only and you must live at that address on 1 September before the register comes into force. If you live away from the address at which you are registered, you will need to contact the registration authority and give them your new address.If you leave your address but you plan to return there within 18 months, you can continue to be registered there, as long you do not register at any other address.

If you are an Irish citizen living abroad you cannot be entered on the Register of Electors. This means that you cannot vote in an election or referendum here in Ireland. (The only exception to this is in the case of Irish officials on duty abroad (and their spouses) who may register on the postal voters list). "

Nobody checks.

Edit: harkerj got in before me.

This was a golden opportunity to campaign to allow Irish citizens all over the world to retain the right to vote, and indeed use the postal vote system.
The opposition and independents dropped the ball here.

There’s already one selfie of a ballot paper on my FB feed, the poster completely oblivious that he could have ruined his vote - narcissism knows no bounds - but if someone there sees you taking a picture do they tear up your ballot paper, is this likely to be policed?

But think how good for the economy these voters are.

If the vote was passed by a slim margin the No side could legitamately challenge things like this.

I voted in monkstown and the person at the table said the green paper was for the marriage referendum and the white was for the presidential! But i just read in the irish times that it’s the opposite!

Liveblog:
“10:15
Just a reminder to voters heading to the polling stations:
The white paper is for the marriage referendum (remember white for wedding)
The green paper is for the age of presidential candidates (remember green for Ireland/president in Phoenix Park)”

Go back with an eraser and tell them to fish your’s back out! :open_mouth:

Joking aside, that’s shocking on their part but I’d always read them to check.

@hiphop

Did you vote the wrong way from you intentions then?

I thought I was going mad with so many replies but I see TI got ahead of me.

The official pin exit poll one lined up last night but wasn’t put out in time but hsa both options. Please vote here and again if you have already voted in this one.

Thanks!