Fake house sale dates on daft

Hi
I have been watching the local property market with “property bee” for a little over a month. One local EA keeps changing the date sold on all of their houses. Every time I return there is a new sold date on all their houses. they sometimes even change the description or price on houses that have “Sold”. :confused:
Has anyone else seen this happen?,

I’ve noticed this in a few cases with Property Bee. Vendor drops price one or more times, house goes sale agreed, house stays on Daft at sale agreed for some time, then the price of house suddenly goes up but remains sale agreed. Strange behaviour.

GWD do it the whole time, at least in the area i’m tracking. The also do a very strange thing, constantly changing the number of bathrooms.

Below is an example, these are only the changes I picked up.

16th May 2008
Subtitle changed: 4 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, 2 Bathrooms, Semi-Detached House

13rd May 2008
Subtitle changed: 4 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, 1 Bathroom, Semi-Detached House

6th May 2008
Subtitle changed: 4 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Semi-Detached House

1st May 2008
Subtitle changed: 4 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Semi-Detached House

26th Apr 2008
Subtitle changed: 4 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Semi-Detached House

23rd Apr 2008
Subtitle changed: 4 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Semi-Detached House

There are a few other houses that they are doing the same to.

Why?

I see the bathroom thing too, Same EA as fiddles the dates does it.

as caught by the bee

History
date event
17th May 2008

* Subtitle changed: 4 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, 3 Bathrooms, Semi-Detached House 

14th May 2008

* Subtitle changed: 4 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, 1 Bathroom, Semi-Detached House 

2nd May 2008

29th Apr 2008

26th Apr 2008

23rd Apr 2008

3rd Apr 2008

1st Apr 2008

28th Feb 2008

25th Feb 2008

11st Feb 2008

* Initial entry found.

I can understand changing the dates, but the number of bathrooms? Do they have some sort of portable bathroom they push around from house to house??

So it’s fake buyers on the way up and fake sales on the way down…

Ah yes, the property industry…

I’ve seen it done with “Development” & “Home” frequently aswell, like every second day on some Ads…

No, they were likely told this was a good SEO strategy and they were handsomely charged for that advice I should think. They just keep schanging 1 to 3 to 1 to 3 ad infinitum.

Its not working I regret to say …SEO wise.

Come to think of it, I’ve seen similar price increases after apartments have been listed as “let agreed” or “reserved” on Daft. Presumable agents/landlords have multiple properties in the same developments and would prefer to maintain the original asking rates.

One unusual variation on this for a 2 bed in D6. One can only guess at the thought process of the agent behind this.

nonbeliever reckoned this is a letting agent with a few different properties ‘recycling’ the same ad , I believe him on that much :slight_smile:

:open_mouth:

jost, that’s completely mad. They were cutting the price, presumably to attract interest, and at least 2 potential renters fell through. So after the second they raise the rent, and by a massive €250 a month!

scratches head

Ah, I get it. The reducing of price was obviously attracting “the wrong sort” so a massive hike in rent will ensure that only “quality” tenants will arrive (stupid quality tenants willing to pay 2K a month!).

If it’s the same D6 apartment, then I’m not so sure about that. I’ve been keeping on eye on this development, and this one is a pretty distinctive unfurnished penthouse apartment. It has definitely been there for a while.

This looks like the same problem as we had with the IT property suplement.
I observed price changes of ~10% on Sold properties too. on the bright side only one local EA (out of 5) is engaged in this practice on DAFT.

I have seen this behavior before and had a thread;

thepropertypin.com/viewtopic … highlight=

The particular EA is GWD Swords, they have changed the sale agreed date 28 times!!! I rang and spoke to them about there anomalies.

There’s a house directly facing mine that’s been had a “sale agreed” sign up since before Christmas.

On Daft it’s listed as going “sale agreed” on the 15th of May. It’s the same for other houses in my estate, multiple vendors too, so it’s not just the one who’s at it.

I’d give a link but I really don’t wanna give out exactly where I live! :stuck_out_tongue:

Had three houses in my daft search list going to “SOLD”. However, after some time I found them as being available again. (For whatever reaons once it is status “SOLD” in your saved adds list it doesn’t go back to unsold unless you remove it from your saved adds list and sarch and add again)

Hi KD

What did the EA say about the anomilies?

Piss Off KD ! 8)

We talked twice last month (Vinny is his name). At first he said that GWD had no way of “updating the status” of a property and told me this was carried out by Daft.ie staff. I rang Daft.ie and asked them if this was the case. They confirmed that the EA has remote access to update their properties.

I rang back GWD. He had no explanation for the repeated sales agreed status. He said that a “someone else in the office updated the pages” we talked about how it could be some computer glitch.

We talked for about 10 minutes about property, he said that he hadn’t seen much of a fall off in sales. I explained my stance and that of this website.