February Exch Returns 2/3 March, poll/emergency budget date

Start a thread there Rick.
Give us some alternatives.
Make sure you put numbers on them!

YM - twas me asking the questions of Raymondo K…not Rick

Sorry, I was responding through your quote to Rick Flair’s question - too lazy to strip you out. I consider it an unfortunate hangover from my days in the front row when going through someone to get to the ball was far easier than going around them :wink:

and yet, as ingerlaaannnnd saw, brute-force-straight-ahead tactics dont *always *work…

havent a clue meself… :blush:
any informed/plausible suggestions?

Having published an annual profile on the 17th of december they publised another more granular one on the 2nd of Feb, same grand total of €31.050bn in Receipts.

finance.gov.ie/documents/pub … of2010.pdf

Allegedly

Customs 33m
Excise 604m
CGT 37m
CAT 57m
Stamps 109m
Income Tax 1950m
Cor Tax 131m
Vat 1869

TOTAL €4,800m Receipts.

Yeah rigggghhhhhht

Fuck Me :open_mouth:

Only a slight deficit over "trend" , down €64m on the year to date.

Customs and Excise explain most of that shortfall on trend. Return here

finance.gov.ie/documents/exc … bruary.pdf

Income Tax and VAT OUTPERFORM the projection.

Explains why Lenny was confident enough to rule out a mini-budget last week.

I think this is relevant: progressive-economy.ie/2010/ … uture.html

And YM, Im coming at this from a layman’s persepective and a fundamental distrust of any macro economic policy fathered by the Republican Party.

What’s the alternative to paying our private debts down and how would that affect the economy?

Yeah, me too!

The thing is, I don’t believe the savings rate is increasing as such, I think people are paying down some of their debts. As their debts are excessive, I believe, I don’t see that this should be categorised as saving. As their credit lines are being reduced also and are likely to remain reduced in the future, this means writing down of debt now isn’t going to lead to credit expansion in the future. So when it’s gone, it’s gone…

So this is why I don’t believe the excess savings theory. The only people who are excessively saving are those who always excessively saved - those who can afford to. The rest of the population just isn’t taking on debt at the rates it used to…

Given the results are in, why not continue the discussion there folks →

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28702