First "Price Reduced" ad i have seen on myhome

Distressed vendor in Glasnevin. This one has been on market since before summer. Another person is trying to sell a slightly larger one bed in same development for 330k (Good Luck!)

www4.myhome.ie/search/property.a … earchlist=

Were asking 280k since May, now asking 250k and stating some dubious rental info.

This reeks of IamFacingForeclosure Casey Serin type antics!!!

“I just had to put one more sweet RE deal in the pipeline, then I’d be back in the game!” :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I never! Its outstanding alright, but it ain’t good value! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good find.

But come march you will get a 2 bed for that price.

(and i have still have yet to be proved wrong)

36sqm! I didn’t realise we built them that small in Ireland. Smallest place I’ve lived was 39sqm and that was a studio - and was worth about 90K due to its excellent location (which wasn’t anywhere in Ireland…)

Here is another one daft.ie/113927

Some details from the page (asking price is 560K but worth over 600K to the sucker who buys it!!):

YOU WILL NOT FIND A CHEAPER FULLY BRICKED 3 BED IN NEW CONDITION SO NEAR TO MALAHIDE FOR A BETTER PRICE!

Priced for quick sale - and if you have nothing to sell.

EXCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT - BEHIND KINSEALY CHURCH - OPPOSITE HAUGHEYS - WORTH €600,000+ - QUICK SALE REQUIRED!

Includes new dining table and 6 chairs also, worth €1,500! Also Oven, Hob and Extractor!

WHOLE HOUSE WIRED FOR SURROUND SOUND!!

I thought you were misquoting, but no. You left out

Dobule take here, I thought you were taking the piss but its there in electric black & internet white!

The next few months should be interesting, its about time “well appointed halls” in “much saught after areas” was done away with IMHO casue it seems you can find these any bleedin’ were!

I thought I’d seen it all. But apparantly not. This is just unbelievable.

I refer you back this “quick sale” property:

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=63927&search=1

At the top of the page it lists the price: “Region €560,000”

Then, a bit further down, we find this: “WORTH €600,000+”

What is there to say? Where would you start? Words fail me.

And yet not 1 outside view of the development,i’d like to know what i was getting for “Region E560,000” ?

What an offer! He’s saying that you could buy it now for at least €40k off what it’s really “worth”. That’s just so generous. Perhaps he likes giving lots of money away to complete strangers.

The buyer that avails of this offer is a truly smart cookie for sure and will earn heaps of bragging rights with his mates at the pub.

But I’ve got a better idea. How about he puts it up for €700k with €140k cash back?

Actually that reminds me of something a friend said months ago about the US property market, where prices were kept high but suddenly things like furniture, carpet and appliances were included “free”. I’ve noticed one or two on Daft and MyHome already - I wonder will all-inclusive packages start to become the norm here, too?

Is this technically feasible?

Maybe when Top Gear comes back they could attempt this in a supercar as one of their ‘challenges’… :wink:
:unamused:

This estate agent must has given up argueing against the laws of economices, they have taken up argueing the laws of Physics instead!

Nice find. The guy is obviously selling it himself. I like how he wants someone that is not in a chain - ‘Priced for quick sale - and if you have nothing to sell.’

Interesting that there is no photo of the front of the place.

What we are seeing is the crashing of the market. These will soon get highlighted in the national press and then the panic will start.

I think this is very, very telling regarding sentiment.

Some people are clearly pathalogically incapable of conceiving the notion that property prices can go down as well as up. Quite simply incapable of processing that very simple piece of information.

It is as though the “€600,000” is totally separate from the boring matter of actually SELLING the place. As though the “worth” is different from what someone will pay for it.

It’s like using a tape measure made of elastic. “This piece of wood is clearly 6 metres in length, but I’m prepared to accept it’s only 4 metres.”

Looks like we are firmly at the denial point on the curve!

:laughing:
As for ‘desperate in Glasnevin’, the bathroom looks small and yet it looks bigger than the bedroom and kitchen together! :open_mouth: Oh dear…

We may yet reach the point where it won’t even be possible to give these places away! Well, I’m exaggerating, but you know what I mean.

1/4 Million for 37 square meteres.

It’d be funny if it were not true.

More enticements by the vendor. Only a week to go. Hurry before you miss the boat …

“IF YOU BOOK BEFORE XMAS, THERE WILL BE €5000 WORTH OF EXTRAS THROWN IN!!!”