Fuck the Recession Quinlan - Chaaarrggge!

Trying to link it all -> en.domotica.net/Derek_Quinlan

Apparently, there is something about him leaving Switzerland in today’s Sunday Times. Where can he be off to next, the Cayman Islands?

Kurdistan :smiley:

lol.

I hear a nice little 3 storey in Abbottabad became available recently.

No tax and no extradition and sure he’ll be grand :slight_smile:

Strange little article that had no byline.

London “to be near his assets” apparently

EDIT - also it did not say he and his family had moved to London.
Just said that he no longer lived in Switzerland and had moved to South London.

Announcing to the world that he’s changing his COMI?
Moving to a bankruptcy friendlier place?
Seemingly, those are questions a journalist just doesn’t think of asking.

Nama loan firm’s stake in luxury hotels - -> irishtimes.com/newspaper/pro … 79239.html

Owners of The Edge development revealed -> malibutimes.com/articles/201 … bunow2.txt

Or maybe they couldn’t get an answer to them

irishtimes.com/newspaper/fin … 00115.html

I posted the whole thing because of the Irish Times paywall.
I’m sure there’s a lot of sore heads in the RTE canteen today.

Lavish hotel pad a steal at €2.2m - Ronald Quinlan -> independent.ie/national-news … 11969.html

I was told he bought this for one of his children. Oh to have such a rich father :smiley:

It is actually a pretty tax efficient thing to do. If for example you give the child the money to buy the house the child pays 25% CAT on the money over the exemption limit on it, but if you buy and have them live in it and then gift the house there is no CAT.
citizensinformation.ie/en/mo … s_tax.html

Another loophole in the tax system Mr Chopra should be looking at.

My question is why and how this insider had access to an option on this NAMA property before anyone else, and before it came on the open market?

IIRC you have to live in it continuously for 3 years and not have any other interest in other property.

If my father was a billionaire the last place I would want to be is stuck is in the top floor of a hotel in pissy Dublin for 3 years to avail of a tax break… horses for courses I guess… Ok might be handy if you were in Trinity for a bit :slight_smile:

2.1m pa property tax :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Irish firm buys Quinlan’s old German business - Neil Callanan -> independent.ie/business/iris … 17700.html

A long Property Week profile of DQ from 2005 that I got over at NamaWineLake
propertyweek.com/quinlan-pri … 88.article

“The caricature of the ‘cowboy’ Irish investor throwing cash at property and being a bit of a ‘gombeen’ (an idiot) is outdated. Moran says the Irish have not made the money they have by being stupid and could ‘chew most people for breakfast’.”

Clarification required from pinsters:
Gombeen is a word that gets bandied around a lot, often in the sense given above, i.e. idiot, but is it not the case that the real meaning of the word is middleman, who would be far from an idiot??
Was not the gombeen the man who interfaced between absentee landlord and tenants on the land?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
What a find. Great quote!

Now he speaks about “corporate restructuring”.
corporaterestructuringsummit.ie/index.html