Fukushima

Hence the smiley… :smiley:

(After I started contracted a good few years ago I felt myself flush with money and looked to buy a second-hand Leica. Despite having more than tripled my net pay, without increasing my expenses, I still couldn’t come within an asses roar of it!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_cnt37Pok#!

Safety fears grow at Japan nuclear plant - By Jonathan Soble in Fukushima -> ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/5209a89e … abdc0.html

Japan TV: We have discovered a new hidden danger at Reactor 4 — There’s another way fuel rods can be damaged (VIDEO) -> enenews.com/japan-tv-we-have-dis … be-damaged

click the CC button on the youtube video for English translation.

This is hardly a ‘new hidden danger’; it both Windscale & 3 Mile Island, the exact same thing was seen, with fuel rods that had lost cooling rupturing.

So while not “new” it is a “danger” and it is good that it is being highlighted publically here and elsewhere.

People have short term memory when it comes to invisible radioactivity that they cannot see or feel generally in the moment.

This issue is very important as it shows that there is an ongoing real risk of a further upscaling of the incident and that action is needed rapidly to resolve the situation and remove as much of the radioactive fuel material to a place of relative safety rather than being left in the dangerous condition that it appears to be in now.

Yes & No.

Right now you have cooling ponds full of control rods, a percentage of which have ruptured, but the ponds are contained & the water is probably ‘poisoned’ with Boron to reduce neutron flux. A fairly stable situation, as long as the cooling is maintained & the pond integrity is okay. Once you start moving these puppies around you are introducing risk, not reducing it.

First order of business is to stabilize cooling, then work on repairing the damage to the containment of the buildings damaged by the Hydrogen blasts, then clear away the rubble, then create safe areas for workers to operate from, & then finally start to unpick the knot of removing the radioactive material.

Scrap metals from Japan found radioactive -> usa.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2012 … 480504.htm

Japan nominated for Future Policy Award -> japantoday.com/category/nati … licy-award

Jaysus, if there’s one constant it’s that people do incredibly stupid & dangerous shit to turn a buck :frowning: :unamused:

I’m assuming that the route this metal took to China involved some blind eyes being turned, as there’s a long history of incidents with radioactive scrap metal killing people.

The Yakusa must be making a bundle…

Cooling system for Fukushima Daiichi No. 4 reactor fuel pool shuts down -> mainichi.jp/english/english/news … 1000c.html

Prof. Takeda “Construction of reactor4 damaged the coolant system -reaches 100℃ on 7/5/2012″ -> fukushima-diary.com/2012/06/prof … on-752012/

Small amount of cesium detected in Fukushima children’s urine -> mainichi.jp/english/english/news … 3000c.html

All cool at Fukushima pool -> world-nuclear-news.org/RS-Al … 07127.html

Food testing in Japan is random. The exclusion zone is tiny. Personally I wouldnt be going to Japan on holidays for another 40 or 50 years unless I could get food and drinks from outside the country (I believe this is hard).

I`m also wary of other goods manufactured in the areas very close to Fukushima unless someone can show me where everything exported from Japan is being tested for radiation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJVViJiKtxs

(Ex-Journalist) Takashi Uesugi Goes Inside #Fukushima No-Entry Zone, Measures 106.87 Microsieverts/Hr Near Fukushima I Nuke Plant- ex-skf.blogspot.com/2012/07/ex-j … -goes.html

’Severe abnormalities’ found in Fukushima butterflies

bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19245818

TEPCO couldn’t get battery during Fukushima meltdown; went to hardware store the next day -> japantoday.com/category/nati … e-next-day

more important than the potential catastrophe for Japan and the entire northern hemisphere is what effect this will have on property prices in south County Dublin

bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-2 … -says.html

U.S. sailors sue Japanese utility over radiation -> usatoday.com/story/news/nati … t/1797053/

Hi-res Imagery with claim reactor 4 was being serviced and not in operation raising the quesiton how did it blow?

https://www.jimstonefreelance.com/fukushimatoptext.jpg

Here is the rabbit hole if you are feeling brave… jimstonefreelance.com/nuclea … ushima.pdf

I’d actually really appreciate is someone could give feedback or insight on the quake graphs
as the claim is that the rating for the quake was a cover and it was not as powerful…
that japanese scientist are posting the data without making suggestive comments for outsiders to spot despite the official narrative…

Don’t have the time to look further myself right now.

Also this guy claims an Israel contractor months beofre placed rather large camera system into Fukushima.
If anyone is familiar with with the Robert Maxwell story that may just send shivers down your spine.

Sabotage angle to far fetched for some?

Plastic explosives found in Swedish Nuclear plant on a forklift… wtf?

rt.com/news/raises-nuclear-level-plant-361/

Yea but it was the Tsunami wot did it in the end… yes.

So was reactor 4 off line that day?

If so it would have been some days before if not weeks. I’m sure you don’t just switch it off and go home for tea.