Fukushima

Happy Anniversary.

Power failure hits Fukushima spent fuel ponds

I’m feeling a warm glow jsut thinking about the past… https://www.hedgedruid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ready-brek.jpg

Might be worth a gander:

counterpunch.org/2013/03/15/ … chernobyl/

Tokyo Shinbun: Worker Who Tweeted from #Fukushima I Nuke Plant, and His Two Years of Being Jerked Around by TEPCO and Government -> ex-skf.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/to … -from.html

JP Gov to lift all the hazard areas in Fukushima -> fukushima-diary.com/2013/05/jp-g … fukushima/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWwhRjGBNb4#!

What revelations will come out of Fukushima in years to come?

Japan’s radiation disaster toll: none dead, none sick

Read more: theage.com.au/comment/japans … z2VMCNGa7N

So, the head of the nuclear facility died of cancer. Tepco saying it wasn’t related as it would normally take five years to develop. See bbc news.

Also, ZH has an article indicating radiation increase.

telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/10171900/Masao-Yoshida.html

Sounds like one of the few true heros of the disaster.

The people most likely to die from environmental exposure to radiation in the long term are the firemen. I remember watching the Fuji TV footage of the battalion chief of one of the elite units doing a pep talk to his men before they went in and thinking how many of these men will be dead in twenty years. Too many. I expect to read the battalion chiefs obituary in 10 to 15 years time.

And still none of the top management of Tepco have gone to jail for criminal negligence. That the LDP for you.

Sounds pretty much like Ireland, doesn’t it?

Radioactive groundwater at Fukushima plant rises above barrier - -> japantoday.com/category/nati … ve-barrier

Fukushima nuclear plant: Japan takes steps over sea leak -> bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23419325

It sounds like Tepco has been lying through its hole on a number of fronts.

TEPCO discloses extent of radioactive tritium leak into ocean -> japantoday.com/category/nati … into-ocean

Captains of industry - lying through their teeth, surely not

Govt to help Fukushima contain radioactive water - -> france24.com/en/20130807–ja … -fukushima

Fukushima leaks: Japan PM steps in - -> theguardian.com/environment/ … hima-leaks

Big piece on ABC last night Diane Sawyer on about lots of radioactivity washing up on the shores of the Western US

Pump and pray: Tepco might have to pour water on Fukushima wreckage forever, -RT.com

Worth reading, and then there’s this bit…

You won’t read that in the Sindo.

Sounds like a bit of a crank.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Busby

I actually didn’t realise it was Busby. A pinch of salt is indeed recommended, but I still wouldn’t completely dismiss it.

Japan’s nuclear body calls radioactive groundwater leakage at Fukushima ‘emergency’ -> arirang.co.kr/News/News_View.asp?nseq=149925

Is there a chance that we have reached the China Syndrome? Or that they can’t cover it up any more?