GameStop - It's all Trumps fault... ordinary folk are making a killing

trump
markets

:eyes: Man Claims To Be Robinhood Employee & Says The White House Pressured Halt of GameStop Trading

I use DeGiro. It has some of the lowest fees out there. It was possible to buy all of the stocks that were blocked on other platforms yesterday. I didn’t of course, seems too chaotic. I just have my long term gold/silver/uranium stocks. I’ll add a commodities ETF if there’s a crash in the markets later this year.

c6bd7377-360f-4b86-a555-6bb4ed4a13c3

'Tis hard to keep up but this is looking way bigger than Gamestop or the other stocks or a massive reddit happening. I would be reading this more a s sign imminent MOAR things to come, like maybe a flock of black swans, is that too much, have I over stated the potential flux?

Meanwhile, are they winning with silver? It looks slick there were countering forces trying to suppress the gains as opposed to taking some profit. The 1m interval o/c’s looked a bit wild.

#BuckleUP

Robhinhood on the Playstore

Big G intervenes to suppress negative reviews.

rh-rating-nuked-play-store-640x

Silver is still only up 4% ytd. It unwound a touch around the 6th Jan and is just rebounding now

Might you like to speculate as to why the rebound has occurred in the last 24hrs? :male_detective:

I don’t see this volatility as being significant since the big ramp up we saw from last May/June. I wish I held more of it a year ago, that’s for sure.

Gamestop being sold today when markets open at 2.30.

Expecting it to go up for a while but funds have had time to strategise so how high will it go before falling is anyones guess

It’s showing a pre-market here of $345 :arrow_up_small: 152.40

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/gme

Robinhood restricts crypto trading ‘due to extraordinary market conditions’

Robinhood restricted trading in cryptocurrencies on Friday, as the price of bitcoin and a meme-inspired token rose sharply.

Users began reporting that the trading app had halted instant deposits for crypto purchases earlier in the day, meaning they could only buy the currencies with funds already deposited in their accounts. Such deposits can take up to five business days to clear, Robinhood said.

“Due to extraordinary market conditions, we’ve temporarily turned off Instant buying power for crypto,” a Robinhood spokesperson said in a statement emailed to CNBC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/29/robinhood-restricts-crypto-trading-as-bitcoin-dogecoin-surge.html

So basically speculating on individual stocks and causing them go up or down sharply is ok, if you do it over months and years.

But causing the same sharp rise and falls over a few days is banned…

What about the robots?

Silver having a little rest at $27.4x

So there are 4 million user ni that r/WSB group.

I saw talk of India coming online yesterday, maybe re: silver, not totally sure… Russians blamed yet? :ninja:

Premarket GME $351.30 :arrow_up_small: 157.70 @ time of post.

Nope Silvers rest might be done, could the world see close to $30 by end of day…

Futures - https://finviz.com/futures.ashx

Looks more like JULY 20th rally that wen into the 8-10 days of August (2020), but it also looks different if you step back and look around a bit. :wink:

Gateway error 504 :rofl:

Silver dives right as GME is open, jumped to nearly $400 and the marketwatch link goes 504… a storm pushed through the eye of a needle.