Gardaí expected to enter Anglo Irish offices

No, you haven’t been in a coma.

If I was the gardai and the ODCE I’d be keeping this “raid” hush-hush.

Not for operational reasons, just out of embarrasment.

yeah, is it not a bit late in the day for this?

The Anglo employee who hadn’t read about the raid in the Irish Times this morning is said to be recovering from mild surprise.

breakingnews.ie/ireland/angl … 28539.html

Mother of God…

You’d think the public service gardai would be chomping at the bit to extract some revenge at the “evil” bankers.

Coming looking for docs a year later - and then being told, no, you can’t have those ones - here, take these ones…

Mother of God…

This is Ireland and things are different here.

BANK ROBBERS, FRAUD SQUAD…

See a pattern yet?

FFS.

irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre … king35.htm

1990 Cos act

Spot the difference?

Never mind, Lenny can ride to the rescue

Maybe he’ll delight us by making the regulations in French.

Fuckers.

No quick outcome then.

independent.ie/national-news … 05976.html

I had to check this thread again to see did I get the year wrong.

Are Anglo owned by the state? I’m sure Alan Dukes will work in the public interest

The Fraud Squad and ODCE are looking for certain security and guarantee documents that have disappeared . A number of large high profile deals appear to be uncollateralised , in essence.

Fragments of information indicate that there should be collateral and guarantees but they cannot be found. We are talking about €20bn worth in total .

A small number of ‘senior staff’ have removed key documents and will either sell them to the borrower (for cash) or will assist in their mysteriously showing up in the bank again if the borrower does not pay cash for them .

The urgency right now is because NAMA can apparently only take recourse loans not non recourse loans. The latter remain with the bad bank !

That would be great news with the other shithead banks - but Anglo’s nationalised - so any staff found doing this should be fucking executed.

2PAK:"The Fraud Squad and ODCE are looking for certain security and guarantee documents that have disappeared . A number of large high profile deals appear to be uncollateralised , in essence.

Fragments of information indicate that there should be collateral and guarantees but they cannot be found. We are talking about €20bn worth in total .

A small number of ‘senior staff’ have removed key documents and will either sell them to the borrower (for cash) or will assist in their mysteriously showing up in the bank again if the borrower does not pay cash for them .

The urgency right now is because NAMA can apparently only take recourse loans not non recourse loans. The latter remain with the bad bank !

MORGAN KELLY: "In the final stage, as the bank slides over the brink of collapse, senior managers loot its assets. Looting a bank involves nothing so unsubtle or easily traceable as driving away with carloads of cash.

Instead, each bank has a filing cabinet with personal guarantees written by borrowers and deeds to property pledged as collateral (large property deals involve surprisingly little paperwork); and these documents have a tendency to find their way into the briefcases of departing executives who can later negotiate their return to their original owners."

irishtimes.com/newspaper/opi … 73144.html

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Is this speculation or do you have a source?

I wonder how much a €20m personal guarantee goes for these days.

I would suppose 10% of face value, cash only.