Gimme Shelter - Building a Cabin.

That is amazeballoons!!! I want to make one. Amazing what you can do with time and relatively little money. Definitely looking into this for my Walden Pond dream.

Lots of previous threads on this forum mentioning Dominic Stevens. Worth a search.

Cheers Coles. First post I have seen on him. Very interested to read up more on his ideas. Fair play to him.

‘Sheltermaker’ tells students how to build homes without a mortgage, - IrishTimes

Inspiration Homes.

Tip o the hat to you Coles. I love this stuff!

Great links, Coles. So sick of trying to find a home that doesn’t cost me every penny and every minute of my life to repay, it’s very heartening and inspirational to read about what these good people are doing. Feck mortgages and the day job!

Thanks, did the search. What really impressed me in the brief interview they did with him on the programme was how simple and rustic the materials he used in his house were. When we were building our house I got into reading too many home and design magazines , which only include costly, new and perfect materials. It’s refreshing and inspiring to see someone who used lots of very basic and inexpensive finishes and yet created something lovely and homely.