Government plan to deny human freedom to protect revenue

Government plan to deny human freedom to protect their revenue stream - → directdemocracyireland.ie/govern … ue-stream/

Raymond Whitehead: standing up for the right of tax evaders to go on foreign holidays.

Good man Ray. Our so-called democracy needs to stop hiding from the really important issues.

It is a potentially dangerous proposition.

Imagine if automatic cameras were subsequently dotted around every road in the county, mapping PPS numbers to drivers and then automatically tracking everyone…Imagine some entraprenwhorial Garda then selling this data to burglerers or goodness knows who else…

It’s bad enough that Big Brother Google et al are watching us without this as well!

Surely they can already map a car to an owner and an address. I don’t see how knowing a PPS a number would make that more risky.

…who hasn’t paid road tax
…or car insurance
…or what about cars with TVs in the headrests, RTE would love some more TV licence revenue from those 8)

Not sure I’d be completely opposed to this but under no illusions - we are no longer citizens just tax units.

You have to laugh at Direct Democracy…apparently what they’re up in arms about is already the policy in most of the countries where Irish people just love to emigrate to…because, you know life is so wonderful there, or something.

directdemocracyireland.ie/govern … ue-stream/
Don’t believe for a minute that this isn’t a reality because they have already started doing this in UK, Australia and New Zealand and are starting in the US. This information is being shared with customs there who have already been stopping people from getting on planes to take them on holiday.

It must be twenty years ago or so when a friend of mine (a Dutch national) was stopped at Schipol over an unpaid parking fine. It worked. He paid.

How many of these idiots carry a mobile phone? All these Orwellian Conspiracies would be worrisome if it wasn’t for the fact that almost every adult and teenager in the country voluntarily carries a personal tracking device.

Maybe I’m a raging Orwellian statist but I never really got the aversion to securely sharing data between government agencies. In Ireland (and the UK) people go mad when the idea of having an ID card comes up but in many European countries it’s the norm.

Linking up revenue, social security, law enforcement, electronic health records and whatever else seems efficient. Can we just have a single identifier with vicious penalties for any abuse of privacy/data protection?

Is the fundamental objection to revenue/Garda/welfare sharing info that we won’t be able to evade taxes? Do we really want a situation where the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing?