great example of why prices will fall more and more

just had to post this as I think this perfectly explempifies that EA’s dont know what valuation to use (or the owners are off in cuckoo land).

Anyways, 6 apts all within 30 seconds of each other all the exact same spec but with massive price difference

12 Melville Court - Asking €329,000

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id][0]=pc12&s[mnb]=3&s[mxb]=&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[pt_id]=&s[house_type]=&s[mna]=&s[mxa]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=24&limit=8&id=255958

30 Melville View - Asking €330,000

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id][0]=pc12&s[mnb]=3&s[mxb]=&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[pt_id]=&s[house_type]=&s[mna]=&s[mxa]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=72&limit=8&id=230047

30 Melville Court - Asking €335,000

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id][0]=pc12&s[mnb]=3&s[mxb]=&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[pt_id]=&s[house_type]=&s[mna]=&s[mxa]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=40&limit=8&id=249059

22 Melville Court - Asking €340,000
daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id][0]=pc12&s[mnb]=3&s[mxb]=&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[pt_id]=&s[house_type]=&s[mna]=&s[mxa]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=16&limit=8&id=259810

11 Melville Lawn - Asking €349,000

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id][0]=pc12&s[mnb]=3&s[mxb]=&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[pt_id]=&s[house_type]=&s[mna]=&s[mxa]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=48&limit=8&id=217128

19 Melville Court - Asking €362,000

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id][0]=pc12&s[mnb]=3&s[mxb]=&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[pt_id]=&s[house_type]=&s[mna]=&s[mxa]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=24&limit=8&id=168076

And my personal fave 24 Melville Square which has been for sale now for nearly 9months (i know this because its an apt “near” me) originally listed for €317k now listing for €370k ??? (go figure that one)

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id][0]=pc12&s[mnb]=3&s[mxb]=&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[pt_id]=&s[house_type]=&s[mna]=&s[mxa]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=16&limit=8&id=256807

also interesting thing to note is that Wilson Moorers has 1 of those valued at €335k and another at €345k which indicates anecdotaly that current prices are being dictated to the EA’s by the sellers

by the way theres actually a fair few more from around here but the above gives you the general gist. some of you will remember how I said a good while ago how there are many investors around here and people didnt believe me well i give you exhibit A :slight_smile:

Good find and with the market so slow the only ones that are going to sell are the lowest priced places. Eventually the others will see the light and lower their price to get rid of their properties.

Examples like this can be seen all over thye city in new developments, my example is city west. They are down to 317k for a 3 bed duplex and they haven’t been touched (been like this for many months)