Have Revenue sent final assessments yet for last set of I Ta

Just wondering if people have received their assessments? these usually went out in Jan every year?

My Mom and I sent in our tax returns before Oct 31st 09, for tax year to 31 12 08, using paper returns not ROS…

I am pretty certain they were not lost in the post cos my Mother got a prompt receipt for the cheque she sent in…

Still have heard nothing back yet, and I am just curious?

any news on this, pinsters?

With the introduction of online filing, my understanding is that Revenue were able to switch thousands of staff out of the “paper return processing” sections and train them up into other areas, e.g. Revenue audits.

The upshot of this is that if you submit a paper return, it’s not unusual for an assessment to take a couple of months to issue due to the dearth of staff in those areas - and this was the last couple of years, when there was no go-slow. Couldn’t guess how long it could take at the moment.

If she paid by cheque, and that was cashed, I can’t see what ye are worrying about… let me put this another way, had they had an issue you would have heard, and even if there is an issue in the future, she complied with the law as it stands.

Never poke a wasps nest…

Well thats more or less what I thought bob…

the problem is I am expecting a refund myself!

I can afford to wait though…

I am awaiting a refund and sent a paper return.

I sent the wrong form in, it was returned at the end of Nov and I re-submitted within hours, ie before end of Nov,

I have rang 3 times this Jan, including yesterday, the best I got was that they hope to have them all processed by end of Feb…

It was my first ever tax return so I dont know if this is normal, but their tone suggested it was…

I seem to remember getting them mid Jan in prior years

the Revenue have no legal obligation to return the assessments by any set date I think?

Would probably be quickler using ROS, but I still like to make my PRIVATE tax return on paper…“fight the power! Stick it to the man!”

at some point the revenue may yet try to abolish the right to make paper returns, but half the country still doesnt have proper broadband?

Well finally got it today, so I am pleasantly surprised…

My refund chq was attached, rather than being told “we will write to you at a later date about this credit” so I suppose I am impressed after all…

I got my cheque 2 days ago and the notice of assessment yesterday…

They have made a mistake and left me short by a few thousand, so I now have to appeal and they will have to do the re-calculation and issue a new cheque…

so its now over 4 months since I put my return in, and still havent got the money. You would have to wonder is this deliberate.

I assume I can cash the cheque I received even though its not for the amount I think I am entitled to?