Herald: Developer shelves luxury apartment plans [Killiney]

These seems to be the area of Church Road concerned (5 adjacent properties, it would appear from the above article - the two to the left of the empty site look rather run down, so I’m guessing those 3 are included), with Watson Road to the rear:
maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&F … &encType=1

maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&F … &encType=1

I think you have just found Ireland’s Area 51 - one could be forgiven for seeing an underground complex there to the East fo Church Road. :wink: :wink:

Oh yes, watch this little strip of housing. As noted in the article, one of the gaffs burned down one night a month after being rented out to tenants. I don’t know what the outcome was vis-a-vis insurance, but none of the tenants ended up in front of the beak.

Another one of the houses hosted a huge free-for-all type party on Saturday night, the house and gardens were completely full of people. Hundreds there (I believe :nin ) Noise travelled way back down the hill into the Watson’s area. Can’t imagine the neighbours would’ve been too impressed.

The place itself was already pretty rundown (I believe :nin ) and the rents being charged are very cheap given the area.

No links, so take as you will!