Houses over €1mil in South Dublin

Might be interesting to see changes after the budget on the more expensive Dublin areas so did a quick search through myhome to see the current stats in south Dublin:

Dublin 2: 7
Dublin 4: 50
Dublin 6: 43
Dublin 14: 18
Dublin 18: 35
All Dublin South (incl those with & without postcodes): 239

Same areas over €2mil

Dublin 2: 3
Dublin 4: 21
Dublin 6: 8
Dublin 14: 4
Dublin 18: 7
All Dublin South (incl those with & without postcodes): 64

Nice, it might be possible for someone with the data (time) to to a yearly/quarterly retrospective. it would be interesting to see the numbers.

What you really need is a site.

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=115552

Some people are delusional…

Sheesh and not even a photo :laughing:

0.241 acres for 3 million = €286 per sq ft.

For a site.

In a mystery (but quality) location in blackrock.

With no planning permission.

These people are insane. I’m tempted to ring up just to take the piss.

That site is off Carysfort Ave and has been on the market at that price for years. Truely insane on any level :angry: :angry: :angry:

There are bigger sites on Torquay Road and Brighton Road for 700k odd that can’t shift.

Problem with 1mln plus houses is that when the marginal rate of tax goes from 52% to 57% in the budget you’re going to need at least 2.5mln gross earnings to pay for it. Spread over 20 years as most people buying those types of houses are 40+, that means you have to have a spare 125,000 gross earnings per annum that you don’t need i.e. 10k per month. How many people have that sort of loot these days?

2 month update (previous figures in brackets):
Dublin 2: 8 (7)
Dublin 4: 48 (50)
Dublin 6: 40 (43)
Dublin 14: 18 (18)
Dublin 18: 29 (35)
All Dublin South (incl those with & without postcodes): 223 (239)

Same areas over €2mil

Dublin 2: 4 (3)
Dublin 4: 17 (21)
Dublin 6: 7 (8)
Dublin 14: 4 (4)
Dublin 18: 6 (7)
All Dublin South (incl those with & without postcodes): 62 (64)

Slow progress being made with some houses being sold, some dropping in price and some disappearing (and a rare new one appearing).

Interesting that the biggest drop in numbers is in Dublin 18 (down from 35 to 29). Wonder is this down to the LUAS effect? Spotted four "Sale Agreeds’ recently on detached houses that have been on the market for quite a while - two in Hainault Foxrock, one in The Park Cabinteely (dormer bungalow) and a larger house on Cornelscourt Hill. All of these houses are within 15 mins walk of the new Luas station at Carrickmines.

There is only one house for sale over 1m in D8. The rest are Pre63 wrecks, which would fail the new standards for rentals, dont have fire certs and need gutting, and all are in noddyland in terms of prices. The Swan at chapolizod - joke price. Who would pay that sort of money to live in a working class suburb in west Dublin?

The Glass Bottle site cost €1,000 per square foot so this is an absolute bargin.

assuming you need a a full mortgage? I would of thought you would be trading up with a bit of equity if you sold in 2006

5 month update (original November figures in brackets):
Dublin 2: 9 (7)
Dublin 4: 52 (50)
Dublin 6: 51 (43)
Dublin 14: 19 (18)
Dublin 18: 23 (35)
All Dublin South (incl those with & without postcodes): 221 (239)

Same areas over €2mil

Dublin 2: 2 (3)
Dublin 4: 21 (21)
Dublin 6: 9 (8)
Dublin 14: 4 (4)
Dublin 18: 2 (7)
All Dublin South (incl those with & without postcodes): 56 (64)

It would appear that most areas are fairly static except for Dublin 18 which has seen substantial decrease in these more expensive properties being available - I would imagine this reflects drop in prices as well as withdrawal from sale as I can’t imagine that 5 houses over 2mil have been sold in the last 5 months in D18.