How to see individual company's debt/repayment schedule

With debt being expensive to refinance, I presume earnings after ITDA will be affected by the credit crunch.

Is there any way to find out how indebted a company is and when it’s debt is due to be repayed/refinanced?

I remember a couple of years ago, Elan had some difficulty refinancing. Is this likely to happen to other companies in the near future?

If a company is registered as a limited company then accounts must be filed are are available for inspection at companies house.

globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot. … malls.html

Here’s something related to what I was talking about:

So Centro has a mass of debt and can’t refinance it.

What I want to know is how do I find this out about companies (without going to companies house in each country!), more particularly the schedule of refinancing? If commercial paper is drying up, then heavily indebted companies that have invested long and borrowed short are going to be caught with their pants down in the first quarter next year. But who will it be?

Centro’s shares dropped by 76% today.

news.com.au/business/story/0 … 34,00.html

That’s gotta hurt

Another Australian casualty of the credit crunch - RAMS Home Group

Floated in August at $2.50. Now less than 30c

au.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=RHG.AX&t=6m

Similar outfit to Northern Rock. Ouchie.

ft.com/cms/s/0/0350241a-ad3d … s01=1.html

Drax special dividend likely to be cancelled/drastically reduced due to inability to refinance senior debt at decent rates.

Another LBO in trouble refinancing debt:
ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2008/01 … -facility/

Ah, fond memories. A regular haunt of mine.

What I wouldn’t give for good sized book store that stays open till 10 or 11pm, with a good Coffee shop on site.

It was like Dundrum for intelligent people.

They knocked the Old Clearwater Mall a few years back to build the one that’s currently there.

-Rd

I would not consider 44.1% LTV as a ‘mass of debt’.
Unless, of course, they cannot finance the interest.
Anyone know what the interest cover is ?

Interest expense was 220.79 million for 2007
EBITDA was 264.61 million.

EBIT isn’t listed.

By the way, if you have access to a Bloomberg screen then DDIS gives an overview of the debt distribution.

Depends how your assets are keeping their value!

Sorry for being unclear, but I was implicating the $5billion in bonds that they needed to refinance as the mass of debt, not their overall debt position.

With capital markets frozen, it is not the overall financial position of the company or its future prospects, but when the debt needs to be refinanced and how much that will cost that is the problem. If you believe we are in 1930s-lite, that is.