How would folding EA's affect the Daftwatch figures.

With the rate at which EA’s folding increasing could this have a moderating effect on the daftwatch figures?
There would be reduced scope for double listing of properties and also properties withdrawn from market.

Secondly both Beverly Flynn and Tom Parlon mentioned 40,000 properties for sale. Where are they getting these figures from? I think they are referring to new build properties only.

Anyone any throughts on daftwatch trends?

Maybe that’s the point when the daftwatch curve will start to peak. I wonder what will happen to the ‘curve’ after that - will it drop slower than it peaked?

another factor to be considered is where a developer will put one add on daft for one type of house of which he has a few for sale

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=c11&s[a_id]=1014&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=sale&id=287120

these houses are already built.

I know of one folded EA in Galway whose agent listing has gone off Daft but whose properties for sale are still on Daft .

Whilst on the subject of folding EAs, I’m led believe there have been two more casualties in the ERA group, this time the Sligo and Carrick-on-Shannon branches.

I’m getting this by looking at the county-by-county listing on the website

cached page for ERA Carrick-on-Shannon

cached page for ERA Sligo

If you click on the link at the top of the cached page, you get the current version, which is blank.
The properties listed on the cached pages are gone too.

If these have closed (and not just left the ERA group), these two would join Clarkes in Longford which closed a few months back. Can anyone confirm?

Should we have a sticky listing EAs that go pop - a good indicator of the state of the market IMO.

While on the ERA site, I also spotted these two gems.
You’d have to wonder how a firm would ever need to close branches if it employs folk intelligent enough to write articles like these.
(Sadly, no datestamps).

Dispelling the Misinformation in the Property Market
eraireland.ie/en.cfm/loc/news/id/37.html

Is National House Price Reduction Coming to an End
eraireland.ie/en.cfm/loc/news/id/38.html

OBG and Clark still have their own websites , whatever about ERA membership

dclarke.ie/

obg.ie/home.asp

So its not the same as the Galway one whose own website has disappeared along with their Daft Agent listing .

Oates have not let the Daft agent listing lapse

daft.ie/oatesbreheny/

I am not sure that Clarke had a Daft listing .

However its not correct to say they have folded based on lapsed ERA membership and when their own websites are still functioning …with no ERA logos on them.