Immigration/Population

population
immigration

Still happening housing.gov.ie/sites/default/files/migrated-files/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/Housing/FileDownLoad%2C29412%2Cen.pdf
**All EEA nationals may be considered for assessment for social housing support from housing authorities if;

1. they are in employment/self-employed in the State; or
  2. where they are not currently working/employed it is because -
  • they are temporarily unable to work because of illness/accident;
  • they are recorded as involuntarily unemployed after having been employed for longer than a year, and they are registered as a job-seeker with DSP and FÁS.**

I can think of an indigenous group that is “very over-represented on our housing lists” too :angry: :angry: :angry:

That’s an interesting anecdote. I had a conversation a few years ago with a UK contact. They had an employee from one of the accession states. They couldn’t quite get their head around it, how this employee managed to get a council house and bring the mother over too. All the while having a house back in country of origin. What that really tells us is that the procedural setup in place is not unique to Ireland and the similarity if not exactness of anecdotes would infer this is part of a wider agenda for some undeclared end goal, nor an accident or that it is merely a merry coincidence and nothing-to-see-here.

Let me guess, single mothers and single mothers in name (acting under pretense). With a penchant for Las Vegas weddings? :smiley:

Am I right? Am I?

Regardless of the quality of my guess, what is your point?

Is that a valid argument? Not really. Irrespective of “international law” the Government can if they so choose, reduce that to 0 days i.e. no room at the inn.

The consequences are very abstract to most people but not if they continue the policies as imposed. Unless of course we are talking a “Bomb” from Brussels again.

One can advocate for a government to ignore international law and treaties that Ireland has signed up to (after Dáil debate) and to throw a complicated legal and procedural apparatus in the dustbin.

If you want to. It doesn’t make my argument ‘invalid’ that if you wish to remain in compliance with said framework you need a process that inevitably takes longer than twenty working days.

My point is that there are certain *indigenous *groups who don’t even satisfy the EEA criterion of a year in continuous employment who are over-represented on housing lists.

I am totally cool with this.

I am just pointing out many a contradiction.

You cannot make it through several airports to claim asylum in Ireland without ID.

Claims of persecution are tested at the individual level (detailed cross-examination, corroboration from family, consistency with accounts of successful claimants from the same part of the world).

They are also tested by reference to verifiable reports from human rights NGOs active in the field. Does the person come from an area where persecution is under way? Are they a member of a persecuted minority? Do their claims stack up with when persecution was under way?

And as you say, a big majority of them are rejected, as they should be, as the standard for political asylum is pretty high, and most of them are common-or-garden economic migrants.

They destroy their ID when they arrive in Ireland so they can assume someone else’s identity if they want to, or even make up a name. Anything to make it harder to quickly assess their claim.

What basis would they have had to land if this is going on, holiday visa? Doesn’t that preclude you from applying for asylum?

One of the most standard routes is as per follows -

Enter on a study visa, either into Ireland or into the UK.

When visa runs out or is about to, head to the other jurisdiction via Belfast and destroy Identification…assume another identity and possibly nationality and claim Asylum.

During the asylum process then seek to marry an EU national and claim EU Treaty Rights. Pop a few kids as quickly as possible in order to establish roots and Bobs your uncle.

If you do find yourself having your EUTR revoked and being the subject of a Deportation Order, engage a willing member of the legal fraternity to lodge one of any number of manner of Article 40 actions at the taxpayers expense.

Again, Bob is usually your uncle.

So apparently its all just discrimination

Because it couldnt possibly be that they are disproportionately less educated and are discriminated based on skill, English speaking ability, education levels etc - the usual stuff one is discriminated on when going for a job.
rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/12 … mployment/

Anyway I found the solution, we can put in quotas and give em jobs here:

irishtimes.com/news/educati … -1.3642624

It’s very well established that people prefer to hire people like themselves. This isn’t a race thing per se, it’s a basic human bias.

The most racist experience I ever had was working for a small firm (about 15 low-skilled employees) many years ago.

I am not going to generalise from this - my own life experience is limited.

But there were multiple cases or racist attitudes and hiring decisions made.

Employment has increased by 50,500 by YE18 v’s YE17.

rte.ie/news/business/2019/0 … ce-survey/

Of that 50.5k:
Irish Nationals +21.5k
Non Irish +29k

Of the Non Irish total:
UK +4k
EU 15 excl UK +8.3k
EU 15-28 +3.9k
Rest of World +12.9k

Keep building!

I wonder if the Irish Times has a ‘significantly overrepresented’ amount of Irish employees ?
All the head honchos appear to be white.

irishtimes.com/about-us/the-irish-times-trust

I think mass replacement is in order.

From the* “you couldn’t make it up” *department…
No other party will touch an “asylum seeker” with a barge-pole from now on…

irishtimes.com/news/politic … -1.3803560
The Social Democrats party is in crisis after its party chairman and vice-chair resigned in protest over the controversy surrounding local election candidate Ellie Kisyombe.
The executive board members resigned after the party decided to conduct a “review” of Ms Kisyombe’s story.
A report in last week’s Sunday Times alleged that Ms Kisyombe, who is seeking a place on Dublin City Council in the May election, had arrived in Ireland later than she had stated in media interviews.

It shows the SD’s to be a bunch of woolly headed dreamers with only their 2 TD’s having any political nous.
And as for the Irish Times and their ‘reporting’ on this story…the sooner the ‘paper of record’ is gone the way of the Dodo, the better

The extraordinary case of Tenia Karim | Gript

This weekend, the Irish people were treated to an extraordinary tale of woe, courtesy of Kitty Holland in the Irish Times. Steady yourselves before reading this one. As they say on the news, this report contains details that some readers might find…. upsetting:

Social tenants in a luxury apartment complex in Dublin say they are being “discriminated” against as they are not allowed to use the property’s gym, meeting rooms or roof terrace, keep pets or attend residents’ meetings.

Finished in 2017, Marianella’s 210 apartments on the site of a former monastery on Orwell Road, were priced in the region of €700,000 to €950,000.

The developer sold 19 units to Dublin City Council, fulfilling its obligations under part five of the 2000 Housing Act to offer 10 per cent of units in developments of 10 or more homes, for social housing.

One resident, Tenia Karim, says soon after he moved into his one-bedroom apartment in January 2019* he left his gym in nearby Dartry to join the gym on his doorstep. However Mr Karim was told he could not join because he lives in Orwell Grove.*

But wait – there’s more. Who is Tenia Karim?

Could it be this fellow, who was, apparently, employed by Calgary Airport in Canada in recent years, and who left that job due to, apparently, rampant racism?

Which raises an interesting and very important question: How does somebody lose a job in Canada, and show up in Dublin, and receive a luxury apartment in Rathgar at the taxpayer’s expense in January 2019?

It’s not exactly a short process, usually. He’d have had to establish eligibility, for one thing, and proof of a lack of sufficient income, and all the rest of it. How long was he in the country before getting this apartment? The Irish Times, naturally, doesn’t ask.

Exclusive: Direct Provision Centre to be established in Letterkenny - Highland Radio - Latest Donegal News and Sport

Highland Radio News can reveal that a contract has been signed for the development of a Direct Provision Centre in Letterkenny.

350 people, mostly made up of families, will locate in the town around February.

They will be housed in former student accommodation on the Port Road made up of 60, two and three bedroom apartments.

A new DP centre for Donegal, in ‘former student accommodation’