Irish Banks pushing for Cashless Banking?

Eurocrats Propose Ban on Cash Payments - -> macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/31131/52/

Post demonetisation: India running on half the cash - -> economictimes.indiatimes.com/art … 487652.cms

Mystery $9 billion in cash with Indians after Modi’s demonetisation move - -> livemint.com/Industry/TalMh8 … monet.html

Apple Pay rolled out to much fanfare today. Call me old fashioned I prefer cash

Used it this morning. Was fiddly to set up but it’s pretty cool to use. One less thing to fish around for.

It’s so ooooo embarrassing to hand over cash these days.

I bet you still use a rotary-dial phone too :laughing:

Up to 30 Ulster Bank branches in Republic under threat following review

irishtimes.com/business/fina … -1.3000228

Only on the two Worst Banks, tho (KBC doesn’t have cash branches, and Ulster Bank had that whole thing where they just stopped working for a few weeks a while back).

WWN say it best

waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/0 … -pay-user/

No, I dont use telephony.

IMF tells governments how to subvert public resistance against elimination of cash

norberthaering.de/en/32-english/ … guidelines

Control how people manage their day to day spending = control the people.
Simple!
The next great leap from Mayer Amschel Rothschild famous quote, “Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws!”
Such a system would eliminate the ability of people to have self determination as their every action would be visible to anyone with the authority to view and analyse their spending habits.

A return to serfdom.

Seems like more hassle than chemtrails

So you’re OK with your entire financial life being totally visible to others?

It already is. I hate using cash.

And I hate using cards, in the future one of us won’t have a choice, you don’t need a tinfoil hat to think its a bad idea

Cash isn’t going anywhere soon. Read the first paragraph of the actual paper.

Perhaps not, but I think it’s fair to say that substantial efforts are being made by the authorities to hasten its demise.

It’s rather pleasing that anonymous electronic replacements are wrecking their plans.

Oh they are trying to “regulate” those too, don’t worry :frowning:

We right now have technology to make 1984 seem like a children’s story. We know that they track our communications, what you buy and where tells alot more about a person.
Not to mention the limitless blackmail potential. Look how far Trump got over Hillary’s emails.

Look where Medvedev’s shopping spree got him (researchers followed the money and found his palaces, vineyards and yachts)

youtube.com/watch?v=qrwlk7_GF9g

^^ above video is subtitled, worth watching for the creative usage of drone footage alone.

**Is Australia on the brink of becoming a completely cashless society?

Later this year the bank will roll out a new system called the New Payment Platform (NPP).

The NPP will mean money can be transferred almost instantaneously, even when the payer and payee are members of different banks.

The technology will also support “overlay” services, meaning banks will be able to create their own payment services to entice customers.

abc.net.au/news/2017-03-27/i … ty/8377288

I think we are probably getting there faster in Europe. In the UK the Faster Payments scheme already facilitates immediate payments between the major retail banks and half a dozen others. The PSD2 roll out and the UK CMAs focus on current accounts will really speed up the move to open / api banking.

Across Europe a few on the new players, such as www.mondo.com are already making headway in this area.

Oops on the voice recognition:

bbc.com/news/technology-39965545