Is supply coming on?

23-storey, city centre tower on it’s way.

irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/permission-for-200m-scheme-by-kennedy-wilson-and-nama-1.2399306

What’s NAMA doing funding it?

NAMA should have had a time-limited mission (if it should have existed at all). However once you create this kind of beast it starts to get a life of it’s own and seeks to preserve its existence and grow its mission.

I feel fit to comment on this having done the opposite: run a team that grew rapidly, dealt with a task assigned, and as mission concluded then self-disassembled in an orderly manner.

You’ll never make it in the public sector.

Scope Creep - the lifeblood of all PS consultancy contracts 8-

Is it really funding it though, the suggestion is that it has 15% of the equity. It would not surprise me that it felt it would get a better medium term return by allowing someone to develop the land and take its share of the proceeds rather than taking a further bath on a simple land sale.

You’re correct.

kennedywilson.com/kennedy-wilson-secures-planning-permission-capital-dock-development-dublin-ireland

It’s not a very attractive building for such an iconic site and it has pretty unimaginative apartment layouts in my opinion (based on the plans).

Latest Figures from the PPR:

Comparing January, February and March 2015 (3432) to the same period in 2014 (2165) there is a 59% increase.
April to June is 3978 (compared to 2878) a 38% increase on last year .

July so far is 1377 (compared to 1398 (2014), 938(2013))
August so far is 1132 (compared to 1114 (2014), 928(2013))
September so far is 1172 (compared to 1288 (2014), 993(2013))

October so far is 689 (compared to 1807 (2014), 1042 (2013))

July to September so far is 3681 compared to 3801 last year. I wouldn’t say there is much mileage left in the quarter - it now looks likely September won’t least equal last year leaving the quarter lower than last year.

Here are the current For Sale and Sale Agreed figures - although I don’t think they have a lot of meaning people seem to set some store by them:

Oct 21: MyHome - 5163 for sale 2522 sale agreed; Daft - 4287 for sale 3265 sale agreed
Nov 4: MyHome - 4948 for sale 2483 sale agreed; Daft - 4105 for sale 3184 sale agreed

For comparison here are the figures for the nearest date last year (i.e. the equivalent Wednesday):
Oct 30: MyHome - 4295 for sale 2458 sale agreed; Daft - 3458 for sale 3045 sale agreed
Nov 11: MyHome - 4330 for sale 2558 sale agreed; Daft - 3506 for sale 3126 sale agreed

This time last year the numbers of for sale and sale agreed were increasing compared to the previous period rather than the reductions we see this year. This trend has now continued for a month

It seems that numbers of sales are reducing as well as the numbers of houses for sale in Dublin. It’s hard to pull cause and effect out of these figures. I’d need to check but it looks like this will be the first time that sales numbers have reduced when comparing two quarters year on year since the PPR started.

December 2014 has the highest monthly sales (2228) for Dublin since the PPR started.
Number of Sales in Dublin for 2014 (14035) was 36% higher than the sales for 2013 (10322)

Latest Figures from the PPR:

Comparing January, February and March 2015 (3432) to the same period in 2014 (2165) there is a 59% increase.
April to June is 3978 (compared to 2878) a 38% increase on last year .
July to September so far is 3732 compared to 3801 last year. A 2% decrease on last year. I’d say its nearly complete.

October so far is 1011 (compared to 1807 (2014), 1042 (2013)). Again I don’t see this meeting last years total

Here are the current For Sale and Sale Agreed figures - although I don’t think they have a lot of meaning people seem to set some store by them:

Nov 4: MyHome - 4948 for sale 2483 sale agreed; Daft - 4105 for sale 3184 sale agreed
Nov 18: MyHome - 4701 for sale 2505 sale agreed; Daft - 3912 for sale 2780 sale agreed

For comparison here are the figures for the nearest date last year (i.e. the equivalent Wednesday):
Nov 11: MyHome - 4330 for sale 2558 sale agreed; Daft - 3506 for sale 3126 sale agreed
Nov 25: MyHome - 4319 for sale 2578 sale agreed; Daft - 3556 for sale 3210 sale agreed

This time last year the numbers of for sale and sale agreed were increasing compared to the previous period rather than the reductions we see this year. This trend has now continued for a month. And in this month Sale Agreed figures are lower than last year. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in sales - if there is a correlation you would expect to see lower PPR figures about two months from now.

There is a very definite slow down in the market being reflected by the PPR - perhaps this will perk up when all the sales of rental properties come on stream :laughing: .

December 2014 has the highest monthly sales (2228) for Dublin since the PPR started.
Number of Sales in Dublin for 2014 (14035) was 36% higher than the sales for 2013 (10322).

O’Riordain objects to 381 new homes near St Annes park in Raheny

Minister’s geese fears over plans for 381 new homes in city
independent.ie/irish-news/po … 45268.html

This development just isn’t going to happen - geese or not. St Anne’s is the only decent public park serving a vast, built-up chunk of North Dublin, including Raheny, Killester, Harmonstown, Clontarf etc. (I know people from Sutton who bring their kids there to the playground.) I doubt whether there is a single politician in the area who is in favour of it…

But is this development not on a green site adjacent to the Park rather than a part of the Park being annexed off?

I assume it’s this.

https://s17.postimg.org/4mg35q2gt/Screen_Shot_2015_11_30_at_12_53_10_p_m.png

Yes but as far as I know it’s historically a part of the original walled estate and is seen locally as an encroachment into the integrity of the green space. It juts right into the centre of that end of the Park, as can be seen from the map here:

irishtimes.com/news/environm … -1.2413401

But it’s currently out of bounds for the Public?

It seems so but…

thejournal.ie/st-annes-devel … 0-Nov2015/
The school-owned pitches have been fenced off in recent years but are still used by the local Clontarf GAA Club.

It’s a sizeable chunk of green amenity space being taken out of commission:

facebook.com/16165095084250 … =3&theater

1st post in some time (can’t remember old pw so new a/c set up)

A bit of info on this:

A) the category of zoning (z15) of the land in question is inappropriate to for the scale of the proposed development which is more in keeping with z1 zoning. There is a large amount of suitably zoned Z1 residential land in the area, as designated under successive city development plans, and the current proposal is merely a speculative attempt to purchase a large site at a reduced rate based on its non-residential, amenity zoning
B) Land was sold at a significant discount to the school in the 50s to be used as playing fields. Unfortunately, conditions on the sale were not applied at the time. That doesn’t mean that any attempts to develop on it should be ignored.
C) The local infrastructure roads, drainage, sewage etc is already at capacity.
D) Environmental issues are relative to maintaining the city - Dublin Bay Biosphere, Green space, Flaura & Fauna, community space, etc
E) There is not a shortage of land that is zoned for development in the city.
F) The proposal significantly reduces facilities available to local groups and sports clubs.
G) Re public access, a fence was erected around the lands in 2001 in response to a request from the school’s insurers. However, a public right of way remains. Also, the original stated requirement for the fence ties its continued existence explicitly to the use of these lands as playing fields.

Finally, (IMO) there is a significant smell from the way this is being handled by the school, the relevant Trust, Developer, previous commitments made, etc.

Mighty, to simplify it as a NIMBY scenario is way off the mark. I’m absolutely in favour of more residential units being built in the locality and across the city but not at the cost of highly used green spaces. The geese issue flagged strikes me as an attempt to ridicule AOR’s objection while it is actually just a small part of the entire document.

And no, I’m not a paid up member of AOR’s fan club either!

Planning reference is # 3899/15

If you look at the site plan & the development layout by stage you can see this represents a very small portion of St Annes.
They’re developing what is effectively a very large field next to the school. Within the immediate vicinity, adjacent grounds of similar size can be found to the south, south east and East.
It’s a massive park which could & should be more intensively used.

To clarify, this development is on approx 15 acres, while the park is 270 acres

It doesn’t appear to be ‘highly used’

Over the course of a weekend an estimated 1,000 kids from various clubs use it in addition to a number of senior (adult) clubs. When longer evenings allow there is also similar usage. I consider that to be highly used.