Is this a reasonable price to pay?

myhome.ie/residential/search … YAON417715

I can’t afford it but I was wondering what people think this house is worth and/or will go for. It’s a good house in a nice area. A lot of work to do I suppose.

a bridge too far to be portobello methinks…
handy for the sex shops on harolds x bridge though.

3 Longwood Avenue
South Circular Road
Dublin 8

413 euro per square foot. That looks pricey for Portobello. I have seen period renovations in better neighbourhoods selling for 335 euros. So I would be looking much lower for a Portobello renovation.

I have noticed petty crime in Rathmines really pick up, I called the Guards and they have said that it has picked up and there’s not much they can do about it as the area is very transient. You get all types passing through. My experience was two car break-ins in a single month.

Another question to ask yourself is who would buy this off me when it is done up? Schools are not great around there but at least the garden is big enough

Thanks for your comments. It’s still portobello(one bridge before too far :slight_smile: ) and it’s a nice residential road. I think the huge “garden”/building site is the reason the price is that high. Too rich for my blood but I’d definitely make an offer of 350k for it!! There are some lovely family homes in this area and I think this could be one also(at a considerably lower price).

The house right beside it was asking €1,150,000 last year. It was taken off the market.
irishpropertywatch.com/sales … Region=any

Big enough to run a hedge school?

Ha ha! There is a very good multi-d up the road on the SCR. No good secondary schools though.

not according to anpost it isn’t…

3 Longwood Avenue
South Circular Road
Dublin 8

I went to see this today. It was a shell. Damp, horrible, terrible lay-out. Disgusting bathroom(like almost outside with a rusty bath and spongy plasticy walls). Toilet out of order! Thrown together “kitchen” in a tiny bedroom upstairs. Electrics dodgy looking. No central heating. East facing garden in bits with loads of chopped down trees. Yeuch. Would need 200K to make nice I’d say- latest bid is 435k. Some people out there have money and time.