Jamilah, 13 Brennanstown Vale, Brennanstown Road, Cabinteely

Deserves its own thread - Jamiliah 5560 sq ft for Euro 2.1m on 0.5 acre

https://photos.myhome.ie/media/1/6/6/2646661/cad9d6cfff_m.jpg

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … ly/2646661

These kind of homes are very hard to value as the structure is the problem (vs. the site which can be valued in any market).
Unlike a period home, a +10-15 year old modern house can be worthless to many.
Especially ones where the owners maximised scale at the expense of build quality (as this appears in photos).
The buyer is therefore left wondering what to do with the structure and it is often better to flatten it (i.e value as a site).

Compare with Greenan in Avoca Avenue - also on 0.5 acre and +8,000 sq ft of ‘cheap’ construction (discussed extensively on the pin).
viewtopic.php?t=59123&p=706815
While equally ugly, despite being bigger and on a much much better road / location, Greenan can’t get above 2m in offers.

I think that Jamilah should have been listed at 1.5m to at least get interest going.

That one is at least tartable into something with ivy and the like. Gravel and decent planting would do it the world of good.

The map and streetview on MyHome is showing the wrong house. I believe this one backs onto the LUAS line…

Lots coming on at the top end now.

Agree that appears more stock is coming although I’ve not done the analysis of numbers

I think this one is Quite ok. A bit of planting out the front would work wonders

This is much better

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 18/2619798

Back in the early 1990’s I tried to purchase a site in Brennanstown Vale. The cost was €98k for a half acre. A good site on the flat, south facing to the rear and the new Luas line. There was a stipulation that you had to commence the build within a year. We backed off as a result. During the Tiger years these houses were selling for €4m.
In the end we were glad that we did not go ahead. It was difficult to get to and a bit isolated. We had young teenage kids at the time, would have been a nightmare bringing them everywhere by car.
We ended up closer to the city and everything else. Much better in the end.

interesting - I had wondered how the homes in there had been built. unusual way to sell off land rather than just develop it yourself or sell to a developer

were there conditions as to what you could build in terms of the other houses or just regular planning?

it is a lovely area around there

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … es/2646661

Sale agreed. Someone likes it. Build quality looks ok to me but I’m no expert.

It is huge. Some people like that.

I would n’t fancy the heating bills on this one. I guess not a worry for someone in the market for something like this

Sold for 1.89m (was asking 2.1m)
propertypriceregisterireland.com … and-91199/