Je suis Corbyn (+UK GE 17) For The Many not the few

Hastings and Rye – Labour held it from 1997 to 2010 when Amber Rudd took it. She increase her majority from 2,000 in 2010 to 5,000 in 2015. The Labour candidate this time round is Peter Chowney, head of the local council.

Popcorn time. Newcastle and Sunderland returns due in five to ten minutes. Not sure if the BBC exit poll has a prediction for those two, which might give an idea of its accuracy.

It’s going to be a long night, and by the end of it power could be in anyone’s hands.

Theresa May is finished, which is good.

Is it fathomable that SF might revisit their Westminster exile? Take their seats in opposition for example.

Yep. Exit poll predicts an increase from 55% to 68% for Labour’s Bridget Phillipson in Houghton and Sunderland South. That’s the one to watch first.

Sterling is now $1.27.
That’s the same rate at which Ireland entered the euro.

It’ll be interesting to watch Ireland’s Labour Party squirm with this result.

According to the Beeb, Tories could end up several short of a majority even with 8 from the DUP.

EDIT: Jeffrey Donaldson already wetting himself during interview.

The thought of SF propping up a Tory government makes me chuckle.
What would they gain from it ?

Exit poll overstating shy tories? (following last election understating?).

Swing to Labour in Newcastle smaller than predicted by the exit poll. But it’s still a swing to Labour. And turnout is up which is good for Labour.

… Sunderland coming now …

I think he means propping up Labour.

Swing to Labour, but again substantially less than predicted by the exit poll.
EDIT: Actually a 3.5% swing from Labour to Con, exact opposite of prediction.

Yeah, the polls aren’t worth a shite the last while. I believe it when I see it. The turnout is up, I would’ve said that’d benefit Labour but who knows these days.

The Express has a rough timetable for returns throughout the night. Amber Rudd’s result due about 2am.

Where have the kippers’ votes gone?

To think Boris Johnson could be leader of the tories.

Arse, looks like a big kipper move to tories.

They lost 6,000 votes in Sunderland South over last time. Almost all gone to the Tories.

BBC beginning to hint their exit poll might be ballcocks. :smiley: