Je suis Corbyn (+UK GE 17) For The Many not the few

Corbyn getting some good media exposure this morning down with the Grenfell residents and local religious leaders, sounding very concerned. Overheard mentioning the local synagogue as well as the mosque. No sign of any Tories that I can see. They’d probably fear a lynching. Some sort of statement coming from Westminster later on. I know the pols have to be seen to be doing stuff but still, it’s ironic – the residents committee blog that predicted there would be no official attention to the state of the tower blocks until after a catastrophe had occurred, and here we are: officials paying attention.

She’s been to the scene but it looks like she’s only meeting uniformed people.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ssons.html

The empty houses of rich people in Kensington should be SEIZED for homeless fire victims, says Corbyn
"Kensington is a tale of two cities. The south part of Kensington is incredibly wealthy, it’s the wealthiest part of the whole country. The ward where this fire took place is, I think, the poorest ward in the whole country and properties must be found - requisitioned if necessary - to make sure those residents do get re-housed locally. It can’t be acceptable that in London we have luxury buildings and luxury flats left empty as land banking for the future while the homeless and the poor look for somewhere to live. We have to address these issues."
Mr Corbyn was backed by David Lammy, the Labour MP for Tottenham.

Oooh controversial. Imagine Micheal Martin making the same comments about a Dublin4 fire.

how many more would burn down if that was implemented I wonder?

DUP have secured a £1.5bn injection over two years for the North.
That’s huge! Watch their economy take off with this helicopter money

Bless the groom and groom

Or indeed watch it be squandered in partisan pork-barrel, creationist teaching, and pitchforks for the high tide of history…

Terrible of PM May to give the DUP a £1bn bonanza to stay in power. Absolutely fine for Mr Cobryn to offer students a bribe of £11bn/year to win power.

People voted for Jezzas Student policy nobody voted for Tezzas DUP bribe.

Yup. Cash for Sash.

The deal is only for 2 years so they’ll be able to go back to the trough again unless another election is called.

The shinner would best represent their community by not running in the next Westminster elections. After all a SF vote is a wasted vote.

Give the DUP the best possible chance to bring the bacon home again :laughing:

I wonder are the DUP the new Healy Rae’s?

Meanwhile Labour now have a massive lead over the Tories in the opinion polls and Labour marches forward. I can only imagine who sickening this is to the Irish Labour Party, but it really shows how lost that party is.

Coles, I don’t think there can ever be a direct comparison between UK and irish labour. If the UK had PR like us, Labour would probably be a smaller party competing with other left wing and centrist parities, maybe even suffering the occasional wipeout too. The UK FPTP system has kept a two horse duopoly in place and neither want that to change when less than 40% of the vote can get you a majority government!

In ways Corbyn and May are conspirators in a charade.

True, but Corbyn is at least a left wing leader of what should be a left wing party

What is May ? she could have been part of Tony’s governments

Some classic political zig zagging going on here…look like Jeremy is gettng ready to be a real PM

Jeremy Corbyn denies promising to wipe graduates’ student debts
Labour leader said before election he would ‘deal with’ debts, but now says that was not a commitment to write them off
theguardian.com/education/2 … dent-debts

But wait, here’s a real hum dinger from him…

Jeremy Corbyn: “wholesale” EU immigration has destroyed conditions for British workers
newstatesman.com/politics/st … ns-british

Thats not going to go down well with the Anarchists!

If only there was a transnational body we could get to make laws that would benefit workers and have equal applicability across Europe…

So do you think Mr Corbyn has a point about mass EU immigration?

Even if he did the question would still remain as to why the UK under a previous Labour government didn’t gradually open their job market like Germany and France did. In fact I think I remember Blair goading them for being un-EU in their phased in approach.

It would be utterly disingenuous for Corbyn to suggest that the problem wasn’t mismanaged by the UK.

But when the Eastern European countries joined the EU, only three existing members opened up their labour markets. Ireland, Sweden and the UK.*

• I could be wrong about this.