Jesus, Mary and Josepha ! LPT on the rise

Minister Josepha Madigan branded ‘a disgrace’ over letter about methadone clinic

Minister for Culture Josepha Madigan has been branded a “disgrace” after a letter was sent to her constituents hailing news that a methadone clinic won’t be located in their area.

The minister moved to distance herself from the letter, with her spokesperson saying the wording was not approved by Ms Madigan before it was sent.

But she sustained heavy criticism from opposition politicians for the update to constituents which says: “Confirmed - No methadone clinic in Ballinteer”.

The letter in Ms Madigan’s name reads: “I am pleased to reassure local residents that following representations from my office to the Department of Health, I have been informed that a new methadone clinic will not be developed at the Ballinteer Health Centre as the existing services are adequate.

“I know many people were concerned about this prospect following the closure of the methadone clinic in Baggot Street.”

The letter also says: “This health centre is used by many local residents and would not be suitable as a methadone clinic.”

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/minister-josepha-madigan-branded-a-disgrace-over-letter-about-methadone-clinic-38363974.html

Definitely no banging up in SCD. No Siree

People may not realise that water charges are back again,

However, they will be applied based on excess usage (and ONLY if you have a meter) starting in the current half year to end December. Actual bills are not expected before 2020.

But the excess usage counting has now started,