71 START MORTGAGES LIMITED -V- LYNHAM &
ORS 2009 958 SP
72 START MORTGAGES LIMITED -V- MOUNSEY 2008 68 SP
73 START MORTGAGES LTD -V- O BRIEN & ANOR 2007 283 SP
74 START MORTGAGES LTD -V- SHEERIN & ANOR 2008 48 SP
75 ULSTER BANK IRELAND LTD -V- WHITTAKER 2010 538 SP

Sounds familiar.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35072

Meanwhile the tenant denied a fare market plus 50% of them receiving rental allowance paying artificial inflated rents to a landlord who pocket the money screwing both the tenant and the taxpayer at once. Dog eat dog.

I’d say this practice has been going on for at least 3 years gaining popularity as things got worse. The landlords could see themselves open to legal action on a few fronts one of them for potentially defrauding the revenue becasue if they are not paying their mortgage they are most likely not declaring the income either.

Nothing new anyhow in this anecdotes have been rife for some time. I know of one friend who hadn’t seen hide nor tail of the landlord in over 6 months till eventually the bank came to serve notice of repossession on the gaff. Landlord had indeed been pocketing the rent for well over a year.

The legacy of Fianna Fail lingers.

I can see potential tenants in future inquiring after the creditworthyness of their landlord instead of the other way around

Almost as extraordinary as bank directors continuing to pay emselves bonuses while billing the taxpayer for their debts

Well a tenant are legally obliged to make sure their landlord is tax compliant. Stupid rule but their ya go we love them it seems

I think if there is a tenant in occupancy the Bank even in a repossession can not turf ya out. Double check this but I think the tenant is ok. Great time to renegotiate you rent I would think. 8)

You are right. I think that basic solvency should be a requirement for PRTB registration, if the mortgage is not certified by the lender as up to date ( or at most 90 days in arrears with no more than 60 days of arrears in the previous calendar year) then the property should not be registered as lettable.

Oh nasty :smiling_imp:

Surely a tenant locking into a 1 year lease is entitled to know the feckin thing won’t be repossessed .

If I was being “nasty” I would even make it a** pre**-requirement for a Daft listing :smiley: :smiley:

I see a whole new sub-prime more grime letting market opening up before us :astonished:

Seriously though this is what happens when you skip the default and move swiftly to festering.

Is there any way you can quietly check that the landlord is paying back his loans on the house you are renting?

Doubt it. Data protected. You could have a friendly chat with Bank manager you are paying into and say you are worried can he put your mind at ease. :frowning:

this all point to the need for proper regulation tis time to start making the politician work for the greater good. Time to chew the ear. Once we get past is it a default or not then we can move along and see where we stand. Until default issue is cleared up nothign can be done and the festering shall continue. So many open wounds exist across Ireland that I’m not certain anything but the proverbial bullet in the head will do.

EBS, surely?

We have a junior minister ,Willie Penrose, at the Dept of Environment responsible for Housing and Planning - It’s an issue that should be brought to his attention, although I’m in no doubt that he is acutely aware of these problems :unamused:

What was his bias again?

I can see the main banks becoming de facto letting agents in the near future.

Oh this is all so PIN 2006/2007 :unamused:

I guess you were right, its about to become a reality :nin

Nightmare! Not my nightmare I only saw a macabre vision :confused: