Landlords 'pocket rent but leave loans unpaid' - Indo

I have pointed out the unfairness of landlords demanding references from tenants when not providing proof of financial health themselves.

That would be 3 houses that were sold because the landlords got their knickers in a twist and were compelled by their banks to cut their losses.

https://www.grimoireassemblyforge.com/dudebro2/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/valentine2011.jpg

I don’t know why that judge is so surprised. When the rules aren’t applied rigorously to “the great and the good” why would he be surprised that lesser mortals would try to avoid them also. They’ve already seen other people get away with it. Why wouldn’t the chance their arm?

Great fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em, And little fleas have lesser fleas, and so ad infinitum. And the great fleas themselves, in turn, have greater fleas to go on; While these again have greater still, and greater still, and so on.
[1872 A. De morgan Budget of Paradoxes 377]

I wonder if they will start doing lease purchase agreements ie. lease with option to buy. That could address a fair number of their problems.