The answer to this is very simple. She should be asked why she wants to move back to Ireland. She has yet to give a clear explanation as to why she wants to return.
Any positive response to her from the State should be on the following basis -
- She admits her guilt in joining ISIS for reasons which are an affront to humanity;
- She gives up her passport on arrival in Dublin;
- She accepts that her admission of guilt will be punished and a judge will decide her sentence. This cannot be challenged by her;
- Her children and passed to social services;
- She refrains from contacting or supporting any persons or groups associated with illegal activities in Ireland or abroad