MRI Ireland Creditors Meeting – October 7th 2011

Might be of interest to a few people:

MacAnthony Realty International Ireland Creditors Meeting – October 7th 2011

2nd Floor, Kandoy House, 2 Fairview Strand, Dublin 3 on 7th October 2011 at 11am

Registered address: 28 Fairview Strand, Fairview, Dublin 3

Last accounts filed: 31/12/2008

CRO number: 386664

Is this the guy who was ultra-agressive is threatening legal action against anyone who questioned his business practices?

I would have thought the investors should be gathering up the creditor proxies to concentrate their voting power and appointing their own liquidator from the floor.

Yes.

The serviced offices at Kandoy House are often used by a group of “director friendly” liquidators based in the Fairview area.

The creditors meeting should be held in a place that is convenient to the creditors. Above a centra in Fairview doesn’t seem to meet that.

The creditors here appear to be mainly foreign investors.

Could a creditors meeting in a Creditors Voluntary Liquidation be held outside the State?
I’ve never heard of it.
If the creditors are foreign how are they expected to receive notification in time to arrange to attend.

I suspect most of the people who purchased property from MRI are not considered creditors at all by the company, so they will just have been ignored. Hence the reason we’re highlighting that it is in progress so that those who feel they have been fleeced can show up there and make it a bit less comfortable for the liquidators who are, in fairness, only interested in collecting their own fees.

From last Sunday’s Business Post:

This week’s Phoenix: