NAMA, Wallace & the Robinsons

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Hill

Is this how this thread works?
:unamused:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler

This must be how it ends, then. :smiley:

To be fair there’s feck all in the papers worth discussing. I know SF want to make hay out of it but if you look at the indo article…“sources close to the investigation” “payments to UP TO 4 politicians”…either it’s four or its not. They can count to 4 on 1 hand ffs. Surely someone “close to the investigation” would know that as its the main point of the investigation, no? I listened to Mick Wallace on sean o’Rourke and he was less than convincing. Started going off on tangents and couldn’t back up what he was saying.

At least there’s a PSNI investigation going on so hopefully it won’t be a shambles like you’d expect in the south.

Agreed - this is a matter for the Police/Gardai - politicians seem to have an infinite capacity to f**K things up when they ‘investigate’ things (vide Mary Harney and Haughey). Wallace has raised this and his evidence seems to be plausible enough to send people scurrying here and there trying to cover things up - where were our ‘investigative’ journalists on this one?

No one is willing to pay for investigative journalism any more, what do you expect.

Agreed. In addition to nobody wanting to pay for it, nobody wants to read investigative financial journalism anyway.

It’s far easier to pad out articles using “billions” in bold and peppering it with “tax haven” and “bung”, and “alleged”. Take the recent O’Brien controversy, how many articles did you read which questioned the statements made by Doherty & Murphy which seemed to contradict each other? None most likely. How many of those same articles made irrelevant references to his private jet or his tax domiciliary status (while interesting to some, it is just filler and irrelevant to the underlying issue). Look at Cleary’s closing, why did the SBP article refer to Foley’s porsche car? The same article sought to imply Foley had been bailed out by Nama yet didn’t provide any evidence. We’re in an age of churnalism where if everything must be simple, controversial and fit into a 140 character tweet.

Here’s the famous MoU that was so debtor-friendly even NAMA couldn’t stomach it:

twitter.com/SJAMcBride/status/61 … 00/photo/1

ST reporting that while working for NAMA, Cushnahan owned shares in three firms that were in NAMA. He denies it.

How can anyone provide evidence for Foley’s possible bailout ? NAMA won’t release it (Happily for all concerned)
Fact is her fund bought leveraged property assets at the height of the boom… and yet she’s still driving a porsche.

Is anyone really still defending The Denis? (other than those who work for radio stations he owns) Really? Even after the Moriarty Tribunal? I mean you did read the references to him in that didn’t you?

He is the “underlying issue”

Gavin Sheridan tweeting that Mary Loo claims Frank Cushnahan was a NAMA debtor.

I like Wallace and agree with what he is trying to do.

The Bluster of Daly is shocking

irishtimes.com/news/politics … -1.2286166

rte.ie/news/2015/0716/715122-nama/
rte.ie/news/2015/0715/714855-nama/

More from Wallace. Why would anybody be surprised? I thought cosiness between NAMA and it’s debtors was the job spec!

There’s a metre-wide trail of saliva running all the way from Blackhall Place to the Four Courts.

they want to be careful about that, if someone slips on it they might sue ! :nin

Irish News has apparently seen a letter from one of the fixers asking when he’s getting his money: irishnews.com/news/2015/07/2 … er-200601/

If NAMA had balls they’d be after Cerebrus for the money. Surely Cerebrus would have provided warranties that no inducements were paid.

You have to give Enda Kenny credit. He has literally no ounce of self awareness. And that’s an achievement

rte.ie/news/2015/0724/716864 … g-inquiry/

Meanwhile no one in NAMA will go and talk to the North’s committee on the Cerberus deal :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fine Gael are so f**ked at the next election :laughing:

I think the water issue will seriously hurt them.
With over 50% still unregistered, it’s just not going away.
The protests continue.
There’s an ongoing gamble - don’t pay for water and see if the new government next year scraps it altogether.

Kenny is, and always has been, FG’s greatest liability.
One assumes he wants to be the first ever FG leader to be re-elected into office, so there’s no intention to vacate the position.

However, the electorate doesn’t vote ***for ***FG.
They vote ***against ***other parties.
In 2011 they voted against FF.
FG was the main beneficiary of this protest, but unfortunately it delivered a FF-clone government when people wanted something different.
The water issue just drilled this home.

It’s an interesting exercise to decipher where people are going to switch their allegiances.
It’s not drifting back to FF in any number.
Undoubtedly, Sf will gain seats from it.
I reckon every politician knows there’s an enormous free-floating block out there - hence the flurry of new partys emerging.

If independents obtain the highest percentage of votes (as indicated by polls) it’s an absolute damning indictment on the health of Irish political parties.

No discussion of this here? This forum has become a fucking joke. Too many cossetted eejits who can’t see what’s happening around them. Fuck that.

I think Iris needs to have another affair…

Not discussing it doesn’t necessarily mean ignoring it. I read Namawinelake’s and Elaine Byrne’s almost daily updates on this case on Twitter with interest, and I’ve also made a point of reading the articles the SBP has done on it, but I just haven’t been inspired to post about it.