New Builds - The Orchard, South Circular Road (-20%)

One bed apts were from 400k

link

Now from 320k (-80k, -20%)

www5.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=261827

############################################

Two beds were from 530k

link

Now from 420k (-110k, -21%)

www5.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=194227

NB: Property bee is saying that the initial entry was found on the 6th of July, so I suspect these were listed at pumped up prices so that they can now be advertised as reduced for the crazy Autumn selling season. The IT property section must be coming back this week if H&M are slashing the prices of new builds.

edit: Actually I take that back, they’ve been listed since at least March.

God that building is ugly…

:laughing:

Did anyone see the repayments calculator? €1425pm on a 35 year 4.6% standrd tracker!! Who the fuck is handing out 4.6% trackers (a 0.35% margin over ECB and lower than deposit rates)?

All the same, 400k does seem a bit steep for a 1-bed in that area, given that there were recently a couple of 1-beds going for 400-410k on Appian Way (Donnybrook / Ranelagh).

There are tax breaks on these apartments. That would explain some of the crazy pricing.

Such a fine use of taxpayer funds. Making shoeboxes more expensive.

1 beds now 299,950
2 beds now 410,000

Still probably 6 or 7 times an average Dublin salary to live in da Barn.

The market will be normal again when people *below *an average wage can afford homes like this in Dolphin’s Barn.

The market will be normal again when people *on *an average wage can afford homes like this up the road in Harold’s X or Rathmines.

The market will be normal again when people *above *an average wage can afford homes like this a bit further over in Ranelagh.

Since I honestly believe this, and as ludicrous as it sounds, I think these 1 beds still have close on 50% to come off.

It’s dolphins friggin barn!!! fer chrissakes a one bed in dolphind barn for 300k !!!

Nuts
absolutely nuts.

The market will be normal again when these are at 40k each for one beds and renting out at 300 a month max

And I thought I was being cynical calling them at €150k! Even €150k is still 3 x a €50k salary for da Barn. The morkesh has so fried all of our brains that it seems “normal” that someone on above an average salary is stretched to get into what is traditonally the worst area in South Dublin. The power of bubble insanity is very, very strong, even on non-believers like me.

Its not in Dolphin’s Barn, its near Kilmainham Jail.
Still woefully overpriced though, particularly given that its on such a busy junction.