Oh, Canada...

That is so Irish!

Rob Ford’s last words to family: ‘I don’t want to leave you guys’ - -> torontosun.com/2016/03/24/ro … e-you-guys

Rob Ford: Who will be the next voice of ‘the little guy’? - -> cbc.ca/news/canada/rob-ford- … -1.3504435

theguardian.com/world/2016/m … mes-higher

Meanwhile they send billions of dollars to 3rd World countries to help them meet their climate change commitments and import oil from terrorist states rather than building pipelines from west to east. And I thought Ireland was a badly run country. :laughing:

spending/debt is all in CAD (which they print into existence) so no insolvency risk – only inflation risk and that’s not a big problem for Canada at the moment, but that’s the key to watch … output gap of course a focus

This didn’t get a mention in any mainstream media here.

zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-2 … k-bail-ins

It’s worth remembering the contribution made by the previous Liberal governments of Chretien and Martin to safeguarding Canadian banks and reining in the national debt which served us well in 2008.

Anyway, I can’t say I’m too optimistic about Canada’s near future (especially western Canada) under Jihadi Justin’s watch. Looks to be well out of his depth and other world leaders will more than likely see him as a total pushover.

righto, cutting analysis

the Right have done a great job of running their respective nations
(into the ground)

And the left are doing a wonderful job in various European countries eh. :angry: Europe as we knew it will never be the same again due to their policies.

Your analogy is a bit off. Merkel and the CDU are centre right, you can start there. In terms of stupidity, shes probably worse than thatcher.

Electing a snowboard instructor/drama teacher as PM will not go down as Canada’s finest moment. :unamused:

cbc.ca/news/business/canada- … -1.3510581

Canada’s debt problems did not start a few months ago.

But what is Norway doing on Keen’s list?

Canada new home prices grow at fastest pace in nearly 9 years thanks to booming Toronto, Vancouver - -> business.financialpost.com/perso … -vancouver

Homebuilders struggle to keep up with Canada boom - -> reuters.com/article/us-canad … SKCN0ZV2EX

Surprised NZ isn’t on that list of countries in danger of a debt crisis, the housing bubble here is ludicrous.

Anyways, Vancouver has followed Hong Kong, Singapore and Melbourne in introducing extra taxes on foreign speculators in an effort to dampen runaway prices. 96% of Kiwis on the online poll say the same should be introduced here.

stuff.co.nz/business/8248932 … use-buyers

Vancouver imposes 15% tax on foreign home buyers

marketwatch.com/story/vancouver-slaps-15-tax-on-foreign-home-buyers-2016-07-25

London should have done this a long time ago.

The entire policy from Osbourne was to pump house prices, not contain them.

What is happening in the world of UI… dam ZH navigation-now-you see-me-now-you-don’t-bar is a wreck-de-head. :imp:

Now all they have to do is implement a 3.5 x income mortgage policy.

Some great thinking in Canada I see

thestar.com/business/2016/0 … ility.html

afr.com/business/banking-and … 511-gosqrw

banks are tightening lending to chinese