O'Leary - cut taxes and spending and take the pain now

Wow, Mchael O’Leary refused an opportunity to self-publicise, thats a news story in itself. It’s not like him to miss an opportunity to take the pulpit and express an opinion.

Taking a leaf out of Waren Buffet’s book.

Good onya Michael. You’re far better qualified to comment on what’s best for the economy than any Maltese billionaire :smiley:

I hate michael o’leary…

but fair play to him…

I think a reduction in Vat and a slight increase in income tax would be better

Fair play to him.

Bad as Micko can be he is also a comedian who refers to “that gobshite O’Leary” at investor presentations and he did not leg it abroad for tax reasons like Smurfit and O’Brien and O’Reilly notably did.

+1 Xman, +1.
No way O’Leary would ever go into politics way too smart.
Would be interesting to see how he would do when he realised the difference in making changes in Ryanair vs the Public Sector in Ireland.

A pity. I’d vote for him.

Your username is apt then. :wink:

Why would you vote for O’Leary, what has he done that makes you think that he would be a good politician?

One thing that intrigues me about Michael O’Leary and his arguments about the economy is that he never talks about property. He always bangs on about how the gubberment are a bunch of incompetent fools, we need to get rid of quangos, pay cuts in the public sector etc. etc. However not once did he acknowledge that we have a seriously infalted property bubble and lashed out at the VIs that created it or provided solutions to deflate the same. Wonder if that is a delibertae tactic on his part

Well, he’s a farmer and used to be largely in bed with the PDs until the bed collapsed…

So perhaps he’s big pals with Country Tom?!? :smiley:

Did Mary Harney get into the bed?

Thats cruel.

**Tee Hee :laughing: **

Michael O’Leary’s only concern is Michael O’Leary, take note of the government agencies that he mentioned, the national consumer agency and the airline regulator. Now I’m not saying that I disagree with his comments on quangos but do take note of the ones he mentions, the ones that might cause Ryanair problems.

He really hasn’t said anything in the article that people on this forum have been saying for the last couple of years.

As far as I am concerned, Michael O’Leary knows how to run a budget airline, nothing more than that.

It’s a pity we couldn’t say the same thing about those in control of the banks and the Central Bank. They couldn’t run a bath.

I don’t think its that exactly, the is a clash of Ego, O’Leary Vs O’Brien.

Brilliant! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: XMAM you are some MAN

Hold on, I set up that joke in the full knowledge someone would use it as a punchline, I was just tasteful enough to leave it as a logical thought…