Operation Phase I - DIY (No Money Up Front)

From my local green organisation:
**Thank you for your feedback, I am of course disappointed that you have lost faith in the Greens but I hope that we can work to rebuild it.
We are currently undergoing an extensive consultation with a members on NAMA that so far has involved a members conference and two seminars on the topic. The issue of pricing is of course crucial, but so too is the planning aspect. The heads of the bill published last month has had strong Green impact in several ways - the Board of NAMA will include not just economists but also planners. The Minister for the Environment will also be given stronger powers to ensure that greenfield sites that have no potential for development are taken from the banks at extremely low prices.
However, as our Party Chairman commented Sunday, further amendments to the bill are needed and we hope to use our position in Government to ensure that these changes are made before the bill comes into law. I hope you will continue to communicate with us during this period. Yours etc… **

This is for real. I got it too.

Whos that from guys. Why the secrecy?

Because unless they want to swear affidavits we can’t verify any of these responses.

Oh. Good point.

An email header would do it for me.

Like…

Give me a break, anything like that, even jpeged is 100% non verifiable.

Let them forward the juicy ones to Harry McGee and let him publish them! :smiling_imp:

There are more specific details in email headers.
Not always easy to reveal in gmail but you can in an email client.

For example

https://www.wurd.com/images/entourage_osx_headers02.gif

Every header is as easy to fake as the From header.

:nin How to trace the source of an email whatismyipaddress.com/forum/index.php?forum=13

Interesting reply from somebody connected to the economic policy group of the Green Party…

Nate

Pat Rabbitte Plugs the “No Money Up Front” Campaign.

independent.ie/business/iris … 67277.html

I emailed everyone on the long list more than a week ago. From FF I’ve gotten only one or two responses asking for my details other than one or two asking for my details but nothing else. Labour responses are still dribbling in but zero from FF, who don’t seem to have even organised a canned reply.

Arrogance? Disorganisation? Dissent?

I’m the exact same Kate. Got 2 FFers replies - both simple acknowledgements of recipt of my emails. I don’t know what to make of it to be honest. Are they just keeping their heads down and hoping the issue goes away? Do they just not read email? Are they all on holiday? Who knows…

I’ve had two substantive FF replies. I don’t have the text of the first in front of me (snail mail) but it essentially said that the IMF report and international consensus supports NAMA. The second was as follows:

Just got this reply from a FF Senator seems FF are saying that there is no market price!

What’s interesting about the Senator’s reply is that you get all the Government spin and waffle in one place. Now that we know their “spin”, we can negate its errors.

Here is the actual result of the “Preferendum” at the recent Green Party conference in Athlone. It has just been released to the members. While it is true that the largest number of points went to an option favouring a version of NAMA, this still represented less than 25% of the support, and the support for ANY version of NAMA was less than 40%. Furthermore, the version of NAMA that was favoured was one that incorporated CURRENT MARKET VALUATIONS. (Whether this could be called NAMA at all is a moot point.) It’s all to play for, folks.

O P T I O N S Points [Consensus co-efficient]
A MARKET FORCES, BANKS MAY FALL, FOREIGN/STATE/IRISH BANKS MAY BUY, OR GREEN BANKS 411 [0.49]
B NAMA AS IS 387 [0.46]
C NAMA + BANK REGULATION + PARTIAL NATIONALISATION + MEASURES AGAINST SPECULATION ON NAMA ASSETS + RISK SHARING + CURRENT MARKET VALUATIONS + GREEN ECONOMICS* + SOCIAL QUOTIENT 657 [0.78]
D “THE SWEDISH MODEL” MULTIPLE AMCs WITH INSOLVENT BANKS PLACED IN PUBLIC TRUST 563 [0.67]
E “GOOD BANK” 369 [0.43]
F TOTAL NATIONALISATION; TRUSTS RUN LOCAL BANKS 383 [0.45]

•          GREEN ECONOMICS MEANS ALL SUGGESTIONS ON TRANSPARENCY, SOCIAL JUSTICE, PROVISIONS FOR THE POOR AND THOSE ON NEGATIVE EQUITY, SUSTAINABILITY, A ‘NO-GROWTH-ECONOMY’ AND THE PLANNING ACT.