PayPal

A story that’s been developing since last week - it now looks as if PayPal is fighting perhaps for it’s very survival.

Mass cancelling of accounts and removal of monies is apprent from online chatter, looks like a run on PayPal.

2 Likes

Over here says yer man Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet): "PayPal is reportedly offering account holders $15 to prevent them closing their accounts after the platform shamefully threatened to steal their money if they express the ‘wrong’ opinion. https://summit.news/2022/10/13/paypal-appears-to-be-desperately-offering-bribes-of-15-to-stop-droves-of-people-cancelling-accounts/" | nitter

Apparently the $ 2.5K fine back on again?

I’m switching my few automated payments off it & will close the account. Not worth the risk.

I wonder do the others Stripe and others have similar conditions.

Quick word search negative fir “hate” or “ harassment”

But I haven’t read in detail. Am running late so have to go.

Stripe Termination

1. Termination

a. Term and Termination: This Agreement is effective upon the date you first access or use the Services and continues until terminated by you or Stripe. You may terminate this Agreement by closing your Stripe Account at any time by opening the account information tab in your account settings, selecting “close my account” and ceasing to use the Service. If you use the Services again or register for another Stripe Account, you are consenting to this Agreement. We may terminate this Agreement or close your Stripe Account at any time for any reason (including, without limitation, for any activity that may create harm or loss to the goodwill of a Payment Method) by providing you advance Notice (the period of notice as required by applicable Law). We may suspend your Stripe Account and your ability to access funds in your Stripe Account, or terminate this Agreement, if (i) we determine in our sole discretion that you are ineligible for the Services because of significant fraud or credit risk, or any other risks associated with your Stripe Account; (ii) you use the Services in a prohibited manner or otherwise do not comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement; (iii) any Law, Payment Method Provider or Payment Method Acquirer requires us to do so; or (iv) we are otherwise entitled to do so under this Agreement. A Payment Method Provider or Payment Method Acquirer may terminate your ability to accept a Payment Method, at any time and for any reason, in which case you will no longer be able to accept the Payment Method under this Agreement.

b. Effects of Termination: Termination does not immediately relieve you of obligations incurred by you under this Agreement. Upon termination, you agree to (i) complete all pending Transactions, (ii) stop accepting new Transactions, and (iii) immediately remove all Stripe and payment network logos from your website (unless permitted under a separate licence with the payment network). Your continued or renewed use of the Services after all pending Transactions have been processed serves to renew your consent to the terms of this Agreement. If you terminate this Agreement, we will pay out any remaining funds owed to you in accordance with Section C.

In addition, upon termination you understand and agree that (i) all licences granted to you by Stripe under this Agreement will end; (ii) subject to Section D.5, we reserve the right (but have no obligation) to delete all of your information and account data stored on our servers; (iii) we will not be liable to you for compensation, reimbursement, or damages related to your use of the Services, or any termination or suspension of the Services or deletion of your information or account data; and (iv) you are still liable to us for any Fees or fines, or other financial obligation incurred by you or through your use of the Services prior to termination.