Planning Permission for No-Parking Sign

Can anyone put up a No Parking Sign or is Planning Permission or other permission required for this?
Not on good terms with the neighbours and they have put up a no parking sign on the laneway between our 2 properties. They park there whenever they want but are straight onto us if we park there

Looked online but can’t find anything specific to this

Thanks

is it their laneway?

Right of way between both properties

i would be ignoring them then, they have no right to enforce paking on it.

i saw something similar when running the other week, a load of houses with parking reserved for (insert name of house here) on the area out side their drive way which isnt theirs!!

i would be ignoring them then, they have no right to enforce paking on it.

i saw something similar when running the other week, a load of houses with parking reserved for (insert name of house here) on the area out side their drive way which isnt theirs!!

Tivoli Road in SCD by any chance?? massive footpath which has been commandeered by the residents;

I felt the urge to park there on principle one time but the missus talked me out of it!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2+Tivoli+Rd,+Monkstown,+Dublin,+Ireland/@53.28822,-6.1414725,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x48670627b4e0dc7b:0x11b8372b85165811!8m2!3d53.28822!4d-6.1392838

yes thats the one, i had the same urge (albeit i was running past at the time)

oddly annoying!

Complain to the council. They’ll be looking to have the sign there for years and to claim grandfathered rights to the parking area as private.

I am no expert but my understanding is if you have a ROW by definition you don’t own something i.e. if you owned it you wouldn’t need a ROW. I also understand that often the ownership of lanes that are shared are vested in one property (for convenience it would seem). This may mean that one party has more rights (and responsibilities) than the others in law although that may just be as a consequence of how things were setup. Another common situation is where all local parties have a ROW but the ownership is with some descendant party of the original landowner (often an insurance company who may have been collecting ground rent). If these parties can be traced they will often sell-up cheaply as small lanes etc. have more nuisance factor than asset vale.