Portmahon House - What is it worth?

Hi all,

I’m a newbie poster but long time lurker of property pin.

I am wondering what type of realistic valuation people would give for Portmahon House, Dublin 8 which is located on New Ireland Road.

daft.ie/1490078

I was recently ‘out bid’ in a closed auction of the property last month. The guide price of property was set at €275k; the roof, foundations and external structure were deemed to be of sound state (I brought along a structural engineer when viewing the property). After some investigation I was uncovered that the final agreed price was below €285k.

The price quoted by two independent sources gave me a renovation guide price of 250-350k so in total the final price of the property could have reached close to 650k (without any fittings).

My question is this; given the proximity to such local amenities as St. James Hospital and the Luas, is €275,500.00 a realistic valuation for this property?

I’m curious as I was planning to utilise the property as an investment project. The property can have held
• 4 * decent sized one bedroom apartments

&
• 2 * decent sized two bedroom apartments

Missed opportunity?
J

shortcode

daft.ie/1490078

Evidently, no one cares. You’ll find a lot more cannies over on AAM to share your investment war stories with.

Amenities is one way of putting it alright!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

we have thousands of empty apartments

you missed nothing

the only way is down

This is on the record of Protected Structures and the Council have an open file on it in relation to its endangerment, so this place is a potential money pit as all renovation will have to be done to best conservation practice. Plus there will almost certainly be restrictions on what you can and can’t do with it, given its status as a Protected Structure.

portmahon house is worth it be cause of were it is // rialto // a group have moved in to safe gard the property … kids getting in to break walls an doors an so on … the team have locked it up well … but prob is things a stil going wrong in house , not from the living do , im sure the local holy man will fix it ? :imp:

is this sale agreed again?
it was sale agreed last year, then it went back on the market in Feb

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/2725846

I haven’t a notion about the value of this property either before or after the refurbishment but it is nice to see its been saved from dereliction.

Price drop of 300k (!)

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/2725846