Rental Costs - Unreal!!

I always take the approach of punishing those who have fucked up rather than those I think probably will

FF/FG have shown themselves either inept around housing or balls deep in trying to pump another bubble - they can go fuck themselves

Another alternative is carry on voting for the same clowns but don’t come crying to me when they do what they do best - fuck up. the irony is they’re not even trying to hide some of the shit they pull these days - they openly admit to what they’ll do if returned to power and the turkeys keep voting for Christmas

Only this evening I was looking out the DART window at the long tract of public housing between Tara St and GCD and bordered by the river to the north and thinking to myself that it will be inevitably subsumed into the tech-property complex. First to go in some shady public/private deal will be the ancient flats around Pearse St-keep an eye out for deliberate neglect to make way for the developers in 10 or 15 years time.

And no end in sight to the rises

Rents hits record-high as it’s now €274 more per month than Celtic Tiger peak
Rent has soared by €200 in some parts of Dublin in just a year
independent.ie/business/per … 25104.html

I thought Simon Coveney had solved this and our homeless problem like he promised back in July 2016, silly me.

Well done Fine Gael, the great man himself looks on with envy

UK’s Irish World

and further [*Irish government unveils its cunning plan for housing * (https://www.theirishworld.com/irish-government-unveils-cunning-housing-plan/)

Median monthly rental on a Dublin 1-bed apartment on Daft.ie is at a new high, and now up 50% in the three short years I’ve been tracking it. The average rent on the same apartment is up 70%.

i.imgur.com/ONSbbJR.png?1

TheJournal - Landlords and agencies have started asking people for viewing fees
** You’ve been invited to view the rental property this afternoon – that’s a €500 fee please.**

Rent paid to private landlords:
1997 €163m
2017 €3bn
https://i.imgur.com/DOEhD82.png?1

The above is known as: **“Transfer of wealth”.

Exactly as intended by landlord class in FG/FF

Do accommodation costs not usually account for 30% of income? Anybody got an international comparison.

^^

An old one

Source: oecd.org/els/family/HC1-2-H … income.pdf

Super high mortgage rates, property prices and rents - yet we are mid table?

Threshold caught making stuff up to suit their agenda :slight_smile:

irishtimes.com/news/social- … 5?mode=amp

All the same it was a good headline.

It’s the underlined part that’s of grave concern.

The Labour party are actually drafting legislation on the back of that false claim!

Or maybe it is the disportionate high level of disposal income in Ireland?

This in turn might explain why the government needs to takes 40% of the purchase price of a new house in taxes.

Needs :question:

Hey buying votes ain’t cheap, you need a lot of inputs to your slush fund.