Repent at leisure

A statement in the economist :unamused:

economist.com/node/16397110? … d=16397110

A whole subsection of concern to keep everyone happy.

Ctl+F “Ireland”. Wish I hadn’t.

Only 2 Ireland’s no?

Not an Irish disease, a global one.

I appreciate that we have merged a few threads…and I may make a fcuk of this…

But… the most recent post that linked to Repeat at Leisure held a sentence…

“getting a hold of your first credit card is a rite of passage, far more important for daily life than casting your first vote”…

There to me is the “war”, a declaration of war on greed… its not a war on being successful, but naked greed.

Greed is not what we need, every person who can needs to vote, and be a part of the change… ohhh its late… but fuck it, we cannot continue on the road that we have driven… into the wall.

I include all societies in this, western ones that is… culture, arts, community, smiles, respect… we all have these things but have being obsesed by being top of the pile, as Johnny Cash says in “Hurt”… you can have my “empire of dirt”…

bob, quarter to three in the morning… Trent Reznor said it in any case not Johnny…

This quote from the article jumped out at me

Loading a company up with debt also enables the managment to siphon off large amounts of cash from the business. They could never do this if the company was financed with real money, or equity. Shareholders wouldnt tolerate it.

Loose money has been a boon for corporate con artists, and greedy CFOs. Every company Ive worked for, the senior managers are sleazy con artists who know how to extract huge remuneration packages, but are not competent to run a business.