Repossession order solicitor claims signature was forged

Repossession order solicitor claims signature was forged - Edel O’Connell → independent.ie/national-news … 55050.html

Should have tried a variant of the dog ate my homework.

can someone explain the following logic by the solicitor - its been wreaking my head for hours!

Another shocking piece of journalism from the Indo

1. Why no names? - was that a judges ruling or is it to not interfere with a prosecution. If that’s it then say so.

2. “Just one payment was made” by whom exactly? By the father? From a solicitor’s client account? From the solicitor on her own account?

The Irish Times doesn’t name her either:
irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire … 37233.html

This is particularly surprising given the criticisms which the judge makes of her. It’s also surprising in that it leaves it open for other solicitors to fall under suspicion.

There is a policy in all the papers (not sure where it emanated from) that the respondents in these repossession cases are not indentified in newspaper reports. It has nothing to do with her being a solicitor.

I know - but my point is that there’s a public interest in knowing that a solicitor, according to the comments of the judge reported in the Irish Times, showed “no degree of openness, frankness, good faith or putting her cards on the table”.

Yes. I stand corrected they never name names. But this is different to other cases in that there is an ‘officer of the court’ involved and a fraud allegation.

Is it me or do the judges always come out like a soft touch charity worker in all these cases on start mortgages etc that get reported. It’s as if they have no concept that a person who has a mortgage would be better moving to rented accomodation. I wonder do they recognise that they themselves and the statutory framework they work in as are a key factor in the inertia of the last few years?

According to courts.ie, Ulster Bank had no cases listed for hearing yesterday.

She is an officer of the Court alright but she is the one alleging the fraud rather than fraud being alleged against her.

At the same time it stinks and given the way in which she dealt with the case she should probably be named.

I couldn’t find that list in the legal diaries but I am sure it is there somewhere…

There is more to this than meets the eye. I wonder if the revenue commissioners will go a callin’.

irishexaminer.com/ireland/solicitor-claims-fraud-as-property-repossessed-155584.html

Edited for clarification. Apologies, this refers to another case heard by Ms Justice Dunne. There appears to have been a number of cases involving fathers and daughters. The reporting by all the newspapers on these hearings is very confusing. Listing the cases by number may be helpful.

Look in the Legal Diary, High Court, Chancery Summons List, 23 May 2011. Four cases brought by Ulster Bank there. (Courts.ie doesn’t seem to allow hotlinking.)

I don’t know how you’re searching the courts.ie site, but bear in mind that Monday is a motion day in most courts so you won’t generally see cases listed for hearing. In any case, many of these repossessions will just have been listed for mention.

@Enoch Root - you seem to be confusing two separate cases.

Maybe that list doesn’t get published at all these days, Ulster had a case in the Master’s list but that’s the only one i can find.

@ JCSmith

I apologise and have submitted an edit to that effect.

Try

highcourtsearch.courts.ie/hcsliv … ton=Search

and

and

Lots of possible names here.

@evilal @stifster

This link should work:
courts.ie/legaldiary.nsf/ea7 … enDocument

edit – deleted her info.

Although there’s only one case invloving UB and a female defendant, I can;t be sure it’s the right one so I’d better not get the Pin in trouble.

I see one of the new cases involves a defendant with the surname Fingleton…

The Fingleton case (completely unrelated to the action against a solicitor, I should mention) has the following details on the High Court search:

ULSTER BANK IRELAND LTD -V- FINGELTON & ORS 2010/550 SP
Defendant Name:
FINGELTON MICHAEL
Solicitor Firm:
ALFRED THORNTON & COMPANY
Defendant Name:
O BRIEN FRANCIS
Solicitor Firm:
MALLONS
Defendant Name:
MULLIGAN NOEL
Solicitor Firm: