Return of the Mac - Kens back

Ken admits people are skipping the shoebox apartments and going for family homes instead.

There has never been a better advertisement for condoms.

-Rd

Classic. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It definitely does sound like there is some activity in the market though. Looks like a few suckers are falling for the propaganda.

An almost a subliminal message…

Ask any con man there’ll always be another mark.
The software industry has an adage which can probably be applied here: “Those who try to build idiot-proof systems always underestimate the persistence and ingenuity of idiots”
Alternatively: “You can make something foolproof, but not damnfoolproof”
8)

only blogged ‘beware of promoters’ yesterday!

Stroking canny’s ego there MB? Of course you believe it. 8)

Reminded me of the Douglas Adams quote
“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”

which led me to find these two,
“I don’t believe it. Prove it to me and I still won’t believe it.”
&
“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.”

i don’t believe it?! that removes any sense of self determination from the equation. if a person is thick enough to hear a radio show then run out and buy a gaff because of it then they are not right in the head. the danger as i see it is that several of these shows go out in a short time frame and then it forms a ‘new conventional wisdom’ - its really the ongoing effect as opposed to the one off. because we are seeing the odd return of promoters its time to say ‘don’t be swayed’ is all.

Realx MB just taking the piss. I agree fully with the general thrust of the piece.

Good ole King Kenny. Keep saying it often enough, and they might start believing you, mate.

Was this before or after Daft reported on how rents dropped and are due to drop further this year? And how there’s an excess of empty, investor apartments out there, the like of which Hooke & McDonald made their fortune on?

Every time I see this guy he looks more and more like a man trying to convince himself.

I must say I enjoyed this classic of his from a while back:

“Absolutely,” says Ken, “Just come in to our reception area at the moment. It’s like Heuston Station. People are buying properties for the same price as they were 18 months previously and with Dublin rents going up in double digits, there’s real confidence out there.”

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4338

Yes, BM, he’s the Comical Ali of Real Estate!!!