Salaries in Northern Ireland

Anybody know what a senior software developer to principle software developer gets in NI?

A senior software developer would be on £30k-£40k. A principal would be on about £40k-£50k.

Thanks.

Kinda low. No?

Low compared to London but probably not for most of the UK.

In comparison to Ireland you’d have to look at the average of Sterling:Euro over the last few years rather than the current rate.

For a bit of nerdy keyboard tapping ? Kinda high. . . . I would offer 27k euro no more no less if i was employing some such keyboard tapper

When you convert to Euro, it is low. The thing to remember though, is that the cost of living in the North is much cheaper.

My fianceé’s parents both for work the civil service and take home about £15k-£16k each. They are easily able to service a mortgage, put two cars on the road, take 2 foreign holidays a year, etc.

I’d say the majority of working people in Northern Ireland would be on salaries in the high 10’s and low 20’s.

No doubt it is far lower than an Irish civil servant.

One of the stats quoted in the whole MP expenses row was that their salary of €60kish puts them in the top 10% of earners.

It used to be possible to make silly money doing IT contracting for financial services in London. Probably not the case now though since contractors take the hit first.

Thanks for that. That puts it in perspective.

Although I will say when I was up there I did some shopping in Sainsburys and the prices weren’t that much better than Dublin. In fact some things were more expensive.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
No. Not the case now unfortunately. I’ve tried.
It will recover. Not because of good business. Solely down to the fact that the problems have not been addressed and the boom bust will start again. Good for contractors who can keep their skills.

For a bit of nerdy keyboard tapping ? Kinda high. . . . I would offer 27k euro no more no less if i was employing some such keyboard tapper

No doubt it is far lower than an Irish civil servant.
Well if it isnt it certainly should be . . . .